Fender storage idea

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCL

Reaction score
Had to change the ball valve for the raw water intake this past weekend. While doing so , i thought that i would share what i came up with a couple of years ago for fender storage under the deck. I couldn't stand the oil tank mounting hardware so i replaced it with a custom made 3 piece bracket so that i could put 3 fenders below deck without interfering with the bilge pump or any of the surrounding equipment.

It is built out of 3/4 " plywood and covered with an epoxy finish . Both sides are easily removable for service of the fuel filter and seacock by removing 3 wing nuts.

Steve Passing Thru 2120

Attachments

• photo-73.JPG
    photo-73.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 512
  • photo-72.JPG
    photo-72.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 512
  • photo-74.JPG
    photo-74.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 512
Looks good, but open that hatch to air out on warm days or they could turn moldy ...

the idea to store in a non-other use area, freeing up other spaces is a good one. Do you have high water alarm or other device?
I would always like a clean view of the bilge area for safety reasons.

I am also a firm believer on keeping air circulating through the bilge . I generally keep the rear hatch open as well as the rear jump seats propped open, but then again my boat is always parked at my house.
Yes the boat does have a high water alarm and you can open the rear hatch and remove all 3 fenders within seconds in an emergency.

Steve

Back