Filling old Transducer screw holes?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

school skipper

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have searched and found some feedback from past posts, just looking for a little more advise before getting into it. Going to be switching out 10 year old raymarine electronics on 2320 SL with my Lowrance Hds gen 2 system I installed on my old boat last season.. I'm anticipating that transom mounted transducer holes will not be matching up. In this case, what is the best way of filling in the old holes?.. I've heard different opinions, interested what the Parker guys suggest?
Thanks!

shawnee83":3hcsk5qg said:
I used a polyester resin mixed with Cabosil. Used a syringe to fill holes. Need to top off with gel coat.

What he said... That's how you fix it right. :)

Quick question on same subject. I ask because of my limited knowledge with polyester resin and epoxy resins and when to use one vs the other. If I were to mix west systems epoxy and cabosil instead of poly resin would that be fine? Just don't know how the 2 react but I already have some WS epoxy. Thx

You can do that......Tape around the hole Very carefully....Then when you wipe your finger across it, you will not smear the sticky resign all over.

The end result is a little dot that is a different color. I have a few on my boat. :)

Or, using a piece of ~1/2" Starboard make a plate you can attach to the transom using the old transducer holes
Ducer.jpg

http://72land-n-sea.blogspot.com/2013/0 ... plate.html
...hold a piece of paper on the old mounting area and dimple the old holes - transfer this to the new plate. Then mount the plate using the old holes and make new 'ducer holes (only in the Starboard) for mounting the new 'ducer'. Use a syringe to fill the old holes with 5200 prior to running in the fasteners.
IMG_1663.jpg

http://72land-n-sea.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... -5200.html

Back