Filling old Transducer screw holes?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

school skipper

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys if repeating.. Noticed I posted this in the wrong catagory...
I have searched and found some feedback from past posts, just looking for a little more advise before getting into it. Going to be switching out 10 year old Raymarine electronics on 2320 SL with my Lowrance Hds gen 2 system I installed on my old boat last season.. I'm anticipating that transom mounted transducer holes will not be matching up. In this case, what is the best way of filling in the old holes?.. I've heard different opinions, interested what the Parker guys suggest?
Thanks!

FWIW, Marinetex would also work especially if the holes will be covered by the new bracket. You would not have to gelcoat ove the Marinetex wth that scenario. IMHOP!

I would never use silicone on the transom. IMO you should fill the old holes with epoxy, saturate first if oversized holes, then thickened epoxy. Then you should epoxy coat a piece of mahogany all sides. Let dry then simply epoxy the block to your transom. New ducer is installed to the mahogany with appropriate screws. No new holes in the transom. I can send a picture of mine within a day or so.

Polyester resin mixed with Cabosil filler. Done. Put it in with a syringe top of after it hardens with gel coat and you can't tell there was a hole.
Pic below is after I installed 12x18 tabs which requires moving the mounting position of the actuator to the hull. That was one large hole for the wire and 3 screw hole about the size of your transducer. The old mount would be about 2" to the left in pic. Can't tell it was there?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    119.1 KB · Views: 208
Back