First fish first storm on new to me 2100dv

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Semperfido

Reaction score
So I got off early and wavecast looked good for this afternoon. Took the first mate and my son for a quick fishing trip out new river inlet. Was planning on hitting christmas rock but thought I should put him on some Spanish to ensure he had a good day. Hit two 24" just before divers rock and was pretty happy that my son landed the first fish on the new Parker. Just as soon as we put them in the box it started to look a little nasty to the north but radar made me think it was all north of us. I should have know since I have been fishing here forever but of course "nah its gonna miss us". Well I was wrong. Next thing ya know wind, cold air rain and of course here comes the chop. Wasn't crazy but didn't want to scare the family on the first ocean trip on the new boat. Boy was i wrong again. They were both having a blast with the 3-4 chop with a few much bigger and I felt completely comfortable. This boat performed much better than I could have ever hoped for. Not once did i think that I was pushing her capabilities. I had no idea what I have been missing before owning this great boat. She rode dry except for the rain of course but other than that we wouldn't have been wet. Anyway great day all around and I just had to share.

John

Good happy ending to your story. It is fantastic how these CC can run dry.
If I get a splash, I always blame myself for not having the perfect trim for conditions
rather than the boat.

Good to hear you had a successful day out with the family and the chance to test out the sturdiness of the hull. I've been happy with that part also so far. I took Friday off and made it out to the Cape with my son. Just caught a flounder and a shark. Didn't do any trolling. The weather was nice and had a good run out. Made note my speed/RPM again and 4200 was 28 MPH, 4400 was 30 to 31 mph. Do you ever run out to any of the wrecks off Emerald Isle or out to the 12 to 25 mile range fishing? I've only done near shore (4 or 6 ish) so far and would be interested in having a buddy boat near by for safety when I do. I only have one of those 3' wip VFH antinas on my Cabin Top. I'm not sure how far out my range is with it and I'm not comfortable going that far out until I change it out with a longer fiberglass one. Would like to catch some Mahi, Tuna etc. Let me know if your interested.

shawnee83":2h8doknc said:
Good to hear you had a successful day out with the family and the chance to test out the sturdiness of the hull. I've been happy with that part also so far. I took Friday off and made it out to the Cape with my son. Just caught a flounder and a shark. Didn't do any trolling. The weather was nice and had a good run out. Made note my speed/RPM again and 4200 was 28 MPH, 4400 was 30 to 31 mph. Do you ever run out to any of the wrecks off Emerald Isle or out to the 12 to 25 mile range fishing? I've only done near shore (4 or 6 ish) so far and would be interested in having a buddy boat near by for safety when I do. I only have one of those 3' wip VFH antinas on my Cabin Top. I'm not sure how far out my range is with it and I'm not comfortable going that far out until I change it out with a longer fiberglass one. Would like to catch some Mahi, Tuna etc. Let me know if your interested.
I'm in for a long trip. 40 miles is my limit right now but I do have an epirb and a ditch bag with hand held vhf and an 8 ft ant just because I can't see going that far off without it. I would love to meet up somewhere for one of the wrecks that are within my range. Let me know.

Semperfido" I'm in for a long trip. 40 miles is my limit right now but I do have an epirb and a ditch bag with hand held vhf and an 8 ft ant just because I can't see going that far off without it. I would love to meet up somewhere for one of the wrecks that are within my range. Let me know.[/quote said:
All the items you mentioned and the ditch bag I need to do. That's why I haven't gone too far out yet. The only item I have is a hand held VHF that I keep in a charging cradle in the cabin. What kind of EPIRB do you have? Any advise of that if you were purchasing one today?

I went with the ACR pro cat II from BOE and it's tested well when I used the free test feature. Anyway I would wait until they have their fall promotion from ACR. I got the ditch bag and bunch of other stuff free with the purchase of the epirb. I would give Jim at BOE a call he might have info on when there next promotion is.

Back