First offshore trip

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkA

Reaction score
Stars finally lined up and was able to make first true offshore run in my 2320. Fished the Big Rock out of Beaufort Inlet and spots back toward home. Ended up with 7 mahi and a bonita. My Parker performed like a champ.

Attachments

• resizedimage2.jpg
    resizedimage2.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 451
  • resizedimage3.jpg
    resizedimage3.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 451
  • resizedimage.jpg
    resizedimage.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 451
Yea, Beaufort NC. We were about 35 miles offshore, the run from the inlet to the Big Rock was 45 miles. We got 3 out there but it was slow and even all the charter boats cleared out by noon. We moved back in a bit and picked up the rest around an artificial reef that was 20 miles out. Total trip was 138 miles on 50 gal. Wind was SE 5-10 and seas were 2-3 at 9 seconds. Hasn't been like that in weeks.

Actually it was pretty smooth compared to what I've been out in so far (which is why I haven't gone too far). That was the official NOAA forecast for the day. If you look at the seas in the on the water pics, it was really pretty flat. It was a little bumpier on the way out but the long interval made it easier to take. I averaged about 25mph out. In the afternoon the wind dropped out and it really smoothed out plus was a following sea on the ride back. I was turning 4200rpm and 30mph.

Back