First problem of the season

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pain Management

Reaction score
Well it did'nt take long for the first problem of the season as my boat has only been in the drink for 8 days. I'm hoping someone can school me but I think this one is over my head and more then likely needs to go to the shop. The problem is this...

While my 17 year old son was useing the boat he called me and said there was a good amount of smoke coming from the engine and it wasn't peeing real strong. He said that he turned off the moter, let it stand for a few minutes and the smoke condition cleared up and there was no problem. When he came in I went for a ride and this is what I found; Boat ran fine at both high and low speeds. What I did notice was that after slowing down there was more smoke then normal coming from the exhaust and prop. The mid section of the motor felt warm almost hot. It would clear up after a few seconds. What I also noticed was there was water coming out from the seam just below the exhaust. Any ideas? I read once on this site that there is a seal that can go bad but why the smoke? And what about it not peeing as strong at idle but strong at higher speeds. . When I flushed the motor, engine off, it took a longer time then normal to starting peeing and it was not as strong as it has been. Then I would put the motor down start it up, ran fine. Then again I would flush motor off and it was slow to pee and not strong.
Thanks in advance,
George

i don't think there is a problem based on what you said. i don't think what you are seeing is smoke. it is a normal occurrence caused by the difference in air temp/humidity and the exhaust temps.

FWIW my engine did the exact same thing yesterday early in the AM (and i was blue water fishing 122 mi out).

GrouperJim,
I've seen it smoke in the early spring and late fall when temp. are cold but never in a 90 degree day. Plus I'm really concerned with the low pressure on the pee and the water coming out the mid section or lower cowling. Anybody else want to give it a shot?
George

it's a tough call without seeing it in person. good luck and let us know what you find out.....in warranty i hope.

Yea, done all that in the spring Fishfactory. It was peeing real strong and no problems the last 15 hours or so I put on the motor in the last 8 days. Did the water pump, fuel pumps, stats, vst, last spring. I'm going to pull out Sunday and drop the lower end to take a look at the water pump but I have never read any posts on the hot mid section, excessive smoke and water from the lower cowling seal from a bad water pump, but you never know.

probably not as easy as this but always start simple - Recently on my 25 hp 2 stroke on my creek boat I had some similar symptoms with the peeing not being strong at idle and at speed - I thought I might need a new impellar etc but with some 80 lb mono as a pipe cleaner in the output I was able to clean out some grit and debris - this took awhile cause it would run well and then clog up again. The interesting thing is that once the stream cleaned up and got strong the water coming out was definitly cooler than when it was partially obstructed. good luck.

Back