fish finder question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowdevil

Reaction score
we just picked up our new [used boat 2520xl] and the previous owner told me he had installed a raymarine
digital trans ducer in it along with the cable but never bought the unit. he was going to get a raymarine ds600x ff only. My question is I have been looking around and that model was discontinued and no longer available from what I can tell, so what should I be looking for that will attach directly to the digital transducer he installed? I do not have any knowlege on electronics so this is real cofusing seeing all the different choices. I do not need the latest and greatest just something that will work well.
Any help and recomendations would be appreciated .

Try calling Jim Maier at BOE Marine 866-735-5926
He can answer your question and tell you what is compatible with that transducer.

thanks for the info.. ai call ed him and he tells me any of the raymarine a series will work. a50d ect..
the only problem is they are chartplotters /ff . I was looking for just a ff but if I have to go this route I guess 2 plotters will be better than one.....
Anyone looking to sell a ds600x or finds one around new or used shoot me a pm..

I'd see if a Furuno fishfinder could be used on that xducer ... as I've NEVER seen a Raytheon or Raymearine FF I've liked ...

interesting comment I don"t know enough about it to make up my own mind so anyone with a comment is welcome to wiegh in.
How will I find out if the transducers are interchangable? If so what is a good furuno fish finder for reasonable money?

If you can find a used Furuno FCV600L for a good price, grab it.
They have been out of production for awhile now, but every charter boat I know has one and they just work.

Image-C0104A3C616011DB.jpg

Image-C01015ED616011DB.jpg

As for the newer models, the FCV620 and FCV585 models seem to get good marks.
http://www.furunousa.com/Products/Produ ... sh+Finders

When it comes to fish finders and radar, Furuno wrote the book that everyone else is reading from.

Back