fish storage space

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daydreamer

Reaction score
I have a 2015 2510 and I have started to use it mostly for offshore use, either pelagic trolling or wreck fishing. The boat is great but I hate that there is no built-in fish box. I know there is the one in the back but it is small and not insulated. I have ended up bringing a large cooler a smaller one for drinks and a fish bag at times. do any of you guys have good fish storage ideas the don't clutter as much?

I fish salmon and halibut mainly and use cooler or fish bag. I use the back for storage mainly. I agree that it would be nice if there was more in floor storage hatches or something, but it is nice not having to worry about water leaking into the floor because of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 2320, but from pictures looks like the 2510 has a similar bracket/swimstep. I put a kill bag (reliable brand is best) on the bracket swim step and use a pair of D-rings to hold it in place while fishing. Works great and when we get fish they go straight from the water into the kill bag which helps keep the deck clear/clean. Normally we load anywhere from 60-80lbs of ice, on the trip out we keep it either in the cabin or at least near the cabin to move the weight from the back of the boat, then move it to the rear when we get on location. Works fantastic, we drain and flush the bag and take the fish home in that bag.

Reliable is the brand you want because it will stand up on its own with a "gusset" (spelling?) so it forms a base. Most of the people with 2320s here in So Cal run that way. I use the 60x30 bag so it fits easy in the back of my car.

Do you have forward seating? If so, those boxes can be insulated with 2-part expanding foam. I just did this to my 23 DVCC and it worked out very well. I believe each of these "boxes" are just shy of 200 quarts.

Or you can easily build an above deck coffin box to be located in front of the console such as this one. This one is 250 quarts and built from 2" roofing foam. I probably have $100 of materials in it and way too much time. But it works extremely well.

Attachments

• IMG_8970.JPG
    IMG_8970.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_7824.JPG
    IMG_7824.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 361
  • IMG_7794.JPG
    IMG_7794.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_7801.JPG
    IMG_7801.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 357
GoodChance":30813a2d said:
Do you have forward seating? If so, those boxes can be insulated with 2-part expanding foam. I just did this to my 23 DVCC and it worked out very well. I believe each of these "boxes" are just shy of 200 quarts.

Or you can easily build an above deck coffin box to be located in front of the console such as this one. This one is 250 quarts and built from 2" roofing foam. I probably have $100 of materials in it and way too much time. But it works extremely well.
nice job on the custom built cooler!

I need to figure out a way to make dividers in my transom fish box then I would use part for storage and part for fish.

FishWhisperer":1nerf0y9 said:
I need to figure out a way to make dividers in my transom fish box then I would use part for storage and part for fish.

That would be easy to do. Just tab/fiberglass a bulkhead in the fish box at whatever place you want. Fair. Paint or gelcoat.

has anybody tried to insulate one of the storage areas under the seat. the 2510 has a livewell on one side and a storage area on the other. the storage area does drain overboard but I am thinking without insulation it would not keep cool long in the summer. not enough space for fish but plenty big for drinks,

Back