Fishing out of Carrebelle FLA

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reel-satisfied

Reaction score
I fish out of Carrebelle Fl and was wondering if anyone else is fishing out of Big Bend. Have seen a Parker with a green canvas cover over rear of boat.

we fish out of carrabelle in a 2530 parker with GA numbers on the side soon coming we will have our name for it displayed sweet tea is going to be the call on the side ---- the bite has been real good in the 100 foot area beyond the o tower with snapper and grouper with a occasional cobia in the mix.......

Seems like every time we go to Carrabelle we see more Parkers.

We fish out of Carrabelle.

2320 with a single 250.

We did not get out this weekend but the fishing has been good around V tower.

a few weeks back on a sunday morning saw your boat putting i at the public ramp your radio call was a day trip 40 miles south east to either sea tow or boat us we carry boat us and were headed out in a 2530 parker single 250 with ac on top --- that twin set up looked good and plained great....we currently do not have a call name on the boat , soon to name it the sweet tea .... if you see us out give us a shout... thanks

I remember seeing you sweet tea. We have been fishing around v tower with good luck. What is your home base. We went twice a week during snapper season but i have not been in a couple of weeks. Its just to hot. How do you like your a/c? I have been thinking about a/c but i figure i will have to come out to fish. How far do you have to go past o tower to get in 100 ft water? Can you see o tower? Thanks for post lets keep in touch.

We do not have a green cover over the back.

We use a large deck umbrella when we anchor or drift (brown).

Thinking about having a permanent top installed.

We have not been out in a couple of weeks but hopefully we will get out soon. Rumor has it they may extend snapper season. Last time out we caught so many snapper we had to move to another area.

reel-satisfied":uwuyiig0 said:
Where is lizella, Ga?
WE LIVE NEAR LAKE TOBOSOFKEE COLUMB RD AREA. WHEN FISH THE AREA PAST THE O TOWER WE ARE ABOUT THREE MILES TO THE EAST OF IT ON THE WAY OUT AND WE CA NOT SEE IT FROM THE NUMBERS WE HAVE THIS IS OUR SECOND YEAR IN THE AREA STILL LEARNING THE AC IS AWESOME COMPLETE SYSTEM WAS LESS THAN A GRAND AND A LIFE SAVER . WE ARE HOPING FOR THE EXTENSION ON THE SNAPPER SEASON ALSO LET US KNOW WHEN YOU MAY BE HEADING BACK OUT WE MAY BE DOWN ALSO REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THE FALL BITE....OUR E-MAIL IS [email protected] or [email protected] ....

chipperdog;
I'm from Lizella. Live off Holley Rd. Have a 2520 with twin F150s. We fish out of Suwannee, FL.
A bit further south of you folks. We haven't been fishing much lately. We'll resume in another month or so, when it becomes a bit cooler. We usually fish right thru the winter, when the feds see fit to allow us. If you're ever down Suwannee way, give us a call. Our boat name is "Merlin".
Good fishing.

steve j":1h56y29g said:
chipperdog;
I'm from Lizella. Live off Holley Rd. Have a 2520 with twin F150s. We fish out of Suwannee, FL.
A bit further south of you folks. We haven't been fishing much lately. We'll resume in another month or so, when it becomes a bit cooler. We usually fish right thru the winter, when the feds see fit to allow us. If you're ever down Suwannee way, give us a call. Our boat name is "Merlin".
Good fishing.
will do . How do the twin 150 s perform on your boat ? we currently operate with one 250 two stroke on the bracket, mike weeks and myself mark mccranie operate m and w heating and air give us a call sometime have you ever made a middle grounds run or even thought about it...

reel-satisfied":1h46gxg4 said:
JTR, do you have a green cover over rear?
reel-satisfied just recieved our e-z pull anchor was wanting to know how far back to mount it for proper operation if you dont mind thanks...

chipperdog, will measure in morning and let you know. i think it the best equipment on boat.

We're very happy with our Parker.....so what's new about that? I don't think I've heard but one or two people who didn't think their Parker was the best. The F150s are very nice. The boat is very stable on plane as well as trolling. It handles rough water very well....just have to slow down a little. I see you guys talking about the EZ-Pull windlass. I'm gonna get one as soon as I can afford one. I have a Lewmar now, but still have to get out on the bow and tie off the anchor line.....I'm getting old, and tired of that. The windlass works well; however it's better suited for a center console or other open-hull boat. A friend of mine from Ocala bought the EZ Pull and loves it. Just make sure that it's very well secured and back-plated when you install it. There's a lot of stress on that drum.

We've never been to the Middlegrounds. We usually fish 25-50 miles offshore, depending upon the time of year and sea conditions. There's plenty of good bottom for us to fish without resorting to traveling 90-100 miles one way. We find new places to fish just about every trip. I know some people who enjoy fishing at night who travel out there, but the admiral and I enjoy the daylight.

merlin i am with you. We fish out of Carrabelle and i go out about 40-45 mile at the most. i would rather be fishing than riding. Maybe i should try it sometime. Those that do really like it. I am 62 and try to go 1 or 2 times a week. I have twin 250s on a 2520DV and i fish at least 5 people when we go. What i like most about a Parker is i have the room to take all my gear so i can bottom fish or troll and if the seas are right i can get where i want to go in a hurry. would like a/c but i stay out of cabin more than i do inside. I like to fish in cool weather and i have a heater for that. I did not know there were so many Parkers in big bend until i got mine. MY boat came from Steinhatchee.

Chipperdog, do you know Freddie Lyle from Cairo. he is a wholesale heat and air man. I believe he sells American Standard. Just put warehouse in macon.

reel-satisfied":2n35zrw5 said:
Chipperdog, do you know Freddie Lyle from Cairo. he is a wholesale heat and air man. I believe he sells American Standard. Just put warehouse in macon.
no have not heard that name in the macon area we have been in the ac buisness 11 years now still young into it lots of people we are still meeting .... thanks for all the info you guys have been great for me sharing info....maybe we will meet during the fall.... thanks again

Back