FL Keys 2520 new-to-me-boat

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Visitation

Reaction score
Been trolling here for awhile, this is a great site with lots of info that has already been helpful to me.

Purchased a 2001 2520 in April and brought it to our home in the Keys.

Boat has twin 150 HPDIs, full electronics and has caught plenty of fish so far. She has been great offshore as well as inshore. When I figure out how to post pics, I'll brag a little more (boat and fish of course).

Thanks for the great resource this site is. Drop me a line when your down here, I'd love to take some CP guys out fishing.

Dustin
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_NmxYqBnMqjw/Si_PD0HR98I/AAAAAAAAAyM/ZFkHMmlPFEU/s1600-h/Tmp00005[1].jpg

Are you located around Marathon? I saw a 2520 about 3-4 miles out of Marathon in the Atlantic side back in the first week of April. We kind of criss crossed. I remember it was a Saturday because it was flat and that was the only day that week that was.

Visitation,
Welcome,I also have my Parker down in the keys,in Key Largo,Last weekend I was at Pickles reef and there were 2 other parkers around me,before you would not see any Parkers in the Keys,now they are all over which is great.

Robert

Bryan: come on down!

sbieleck: yes, I do fish out of Marathon. There is at least one other 2520 down here. might have been me, though Saturday is usually "family day" (I work on Sun) and the Admiral and our son prefer the gulf side to the ocean.

Fish Factory: the "box" is a custom box that the previous owner had built for his snapper/grouper trips. It keeps ice and fish pretty cold, but it is big ole' box. I am in town Sun-Tues, then taking couple days off. If you need to know any of the local action, give me a shout. How long you gona be down island? You bringing yer boat?

Robert-

Parkers galore down here! It's kind of fun to see so many. Heading up your way Fri to hit the links..if the weather improves.

Ffactory-

I catch most of my hoo with small gold hooks and shrimp for bait. i go bayside and catch them. If they come close enough to the boat, you might be able to throw on them. green or blue clothing dye in your net will help to add stealth to your throws.

The large YT have been in about 100' down here. Plan on going through several boxes of frozen chum (double ground). Some of the old salts down here put out their chum bag and wait 30 mins for the large YT to show up. Night fishing has been pretty good for snapper as well. I fillet a hoo and use small strips for bait, either bare hook or omn a jig.

Tight lines!
Dustin

Back