• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FOR SALE - 2002 Yamaha 250 0X66

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tscott

Reaction score
I bought a Parker 2530 with a 250 Yamaha 0X66. The outfit only has 156 hours. I took it to a Yamaha shop and told them to check it out. They said it was a great motor and they put a new water pump and new plugs in.
I will be repowering the boat with a 300 HP Suzuki.
Now here is the kicker. I know most Parker guys that would read this are on the East Coast. I live in Oregon.
Call me if you need a good motor or have any good ideas.
Thanks,
Tim G
503 3787001
[email protected]

I'm told that the motor is worth between $5 and 6 thousand. This thing runs like new. Some of the calls I'm getting are centered around shipping. My Parker came to Oregon from Minnesota. The driver then went down to Northern CA to get a trailer to take to, I don't remember where. My point is, these boat haulers go from coast to coast and often have the bed of their pickup empty. I think I would be able use the new motor crate for the shipping of the 250 Yamaha.
If you want to see pictures, I just listed the motor on craigslist in Portland.
Thanks
Tim G

You can strap the motor down to a pallet and ship it common carrier. Is it a 25 or 30 inch shaft? If it came off the transom its 30. I may be interested if its a 25.

I had a 99 with that motor. I sold it used back in 2007.

GLWS

FWIW I got a free V6 OB motor pallet from one of my local marinas for free! Then I strapped the OB to it, added a cheap 6x8' tarp over it all, put the whole thing on a trailer and then brought it to the truck terminal myself.

From there, it was shipped to the local truck terminal of the buyer. In this way I think it was < $300 to ship! Drop-off and pickup directly at the terminals saves $100s of dollars! Adding a lift-gate to the delivery easily adds $100 or more to the buyer.

Get a quote from www.freightquote.com, as I have shipped motors and tuna towers via them. Awesome service!

I had a 2002 Saltwater OX66 250 Yamaha on my 2520 Parker. It was a very dependable great running engine. Never had to do anything but water-pump and thermostats every few years. Had plenty of power also. Good luck with the sale. :)

I measured the motor and its a 25". When my new 300 gets here I thought we could use that crate for shipping the 250.

I have lowered my expectation on the price. This would make someone a great motor at a good price and I would assist with shipping. I can text pictures if needed.
Thanks,
Tim G

Back