Forward bilge pump location

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ray,

If you are referring to the water inlet covers that are plastic, I remove them once or twice a year and make sure they are clean and clear. I have never painted the inside of it. It is still the original blue and after a few years in the water, I only had one little growth on the inside ever and I was able to pop it right out.

One thing that I do all the time is to flush the engine after each use with "Salt-Away". I have no personal interest in the company, but it desolves salt deposits and I believe does a good job. I tore apart my old engine and had to rebuild the and replace many parts supporting the water cooling jacket since it had never been flushed by the previous owner. During the process someone on this board introduced me to the product and I used it to break down the salt on the interior that I could not get to and it worked based on the discharge.

Not only do i use it after each trip, but I also run the engine in a water tank at the end of the season when I am winterizing it and put the product in the tank and let the engine run to open up the thermostats to let it flow through.

Walt

Ray,
I am a member of the MYC in the South River, Marshfield. I also have a 2310 (2001). Hopefully I will be launching this Sunday. My forward bilge is located on the first hatch as you enter the cabin just like the above pictures show. If you want to take a look after Im in let me know.
BTW, I think we will have a good showing of Parkers at the marina this year. 3 are in already!

Don
Mistory
2001 2310 D/V

I have a 2007 2310 also that I bought a year and a half ago. I had the same exact question so I emailed the company about the forward bilge. They basically told me if you didn't have a hatch inside the cabin around the step that you did not have a forward bilge pump. Someone on this sight also suggested that I look at the circuit board to see if there was anything plugged into the switch. That is what I did also.

Back