Forward Platform / 1801

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kevin, congratulations on the new boat. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine. Your intended use may differ from mine, but I opted to go for an 1801 without the forward casting platform. As I don't fish in the shallows anyway, the platform reduced a spacious bow to only 30 inches of walk-way between the cooler seat in front of the console.

Have a great season,

Jim

Congratulations! I have the '07 1801 and love it. Opting for the platform really depends on what you plan to use the boat for. I mostly fish within the CBBT both fly and light tackle. I have the leaning post w/ 54 qt. cooler under it and 4 s/s clamp-on rocket launchers. I mostly catch and release so the cooler is used for provisions. I do have a 100 qt. cooler that fits snugly between the jumpseats for striper season. The room forward and inside of the console is more than adequate. I didn't opt for the platform because I feel it would decrease my deck-space enough to hamper casting. My family and I use the boat for pulling towables and hydra-slides as well. It is a great platform.

Back