Found a Good Deal on a Boat Cover for a 2120!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

btuf23

Reaction score
Hi all,

With the winter season approaching I spent some time researching a suitable cover for my '03 2120. I thought I would do everyone here a favor and post a link to a cover I found for around $200. I also assume it will fit most parkers in the 18-25 ft range depending on what cover length you get. Upon receiving the cover I was quite pleased with the quality. The cover accommodates a 106" beam, includes straps, and comes with a 7 year limited warranty. I ended up getting the cover for a 22-24 ft length since I have a pulpit on my boat. I am planning to install it within a few weeks and will post back with pics and fitment info when I do! Hope everyone has a safe holiday!

-Brett

http://www.amazon.com/Budge-B-621-X7-De ... Boat+Cover

Thanks for the info. I was thinking about just buying a large cheap tarp for the winter but if I could find a decent cover for that price I may try it. Mine stays outside year round on a trailer at a storage yard. It's in direct sun all day. I was thinking about covering her up just for winter but maybe with a proper boat cover, I would use it all the time? Looking forward to pics to see how it looks.
Tks.

Hey guys,

I will post back once I have a chance to put the cover on the boat. Things have been crazy ATM with the holidays coming up, but between now and early January I should be able to clean the boat and cover it. Shawnee83, the cover is designed to be used year round so I don't think it would be an issue.

RumRunner":8diyrrpz said:
I have been looking for a cover for my 2320 pilot house. It is stored inside but gets incredibly dusty/dirty sitting there. Do you think one of there covers would fit?
Thanks,

RumRunner, I am thinking the same cover I ordered, or the 24-26 ft cover would probably fit your boat. Do you have a pulpit? If so I would go with the bigger cover. Once I install the cover on my boat I ill have a better idea of how well they fit and will report back.

-Brett

Thanks Brett. Yes I have a pulpit, so the largest cover may work. I've been jerry rigging tarps, which is a pain. Then I looked at custom for around $2000. Couldn't pull the trigger on that one, but if this works, it could be the answer. Anxious to see the photos. Thanks again.

These are less than a grand around here. A single is 600.
IMG_2666.jpg

The snow load rated ones are a little more - we don't have enough snow here to worry about.

I spoke with the people at Budge Boat Covers. 855-684-9363. They say that their covers don't accommodate a pulpit. For my purposes that may not matter. Just looking for a cheap cover that keeps the dust and dirt off a racked stored boat.

I would also love to see pics!

I have a 2120 without a pulpit and I am in the market for a cover.

UPDATE: Cover Installed!!

Well all,

I finally got around to cleaning the deck of the boat a bit and installing the cover. All I can say is I am very happy with the results! If anything the cover is "just slightly" on the large size but overall fits extremely well. After seeing the pictures of the cover online its seems that the fit is about right. I also realized I should have probably wrapped the straps around the hull and not the trailer so that's something I will take care of this week. The cover was large enough that it covered most of the outboard and trim tabs which I'm really happy about. I have enclosed some pics below. Please disregard the quality as it was starting to get dark when I took them. Feel free to ask any questions, but I think its safe to say that this is a very nice and reasonably priced way to cover your boat. The odds are that this cover could probably fit a 2320, especially one without a pulpit. If you have a pulpit just get the next size up (I got the 22-24 ft cover).

On a side note, I have a nasty rust stain on my pulpit from my anchor chain. Anyone have any good tips on how to remove the stain? Thanks.

-Brett

Attachments

• 2120 Boat Cover.jpg
    2120 Boat Cover.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 283
Looks good Brett, let us know how it holds up. Was it difficult to install and can it be done with 1 guy?

SeanOC":2h3eyb86 said:
Looks good Brett, let us know how it holds up. Was it difficult to install and can it be done with 1 guy?

Hi Sean. The cover was quite easy to install. I ended up doing the whole thing by myself in about 25 minutes (It probably will go much faster the second time around). I laid out the cover next to the boat as it needed to be installed, then rolled it up from the stern. I then threw the cover onto the bow and climbed up on the boat. I covered the bow and then just rolled the rest of the cover over the remainder of the boat. After that I just pulled the shock chord tight and installed the straps one by one. It really wasn't that difficult. I also placed plastic water bottles over the rocket launchers and antenna so that they wouldn't cut the cover (although I really don't think it would have been an issue either way). I basically just cut a bunch of small Poland spring bottles in half and put them over the top of the rocket launchers.

As for the quality of the cover, the material seems very durable and the cover comes with a 7 year warranty, so I expect it to hold up really well. Looking around the marina it looks to be as good of quality as other boat covers, and definitely beats a tarp. I would say sunbrella type material is probably a little nicer, but certainly much more expensive. I am very much impressed with the quality of the cover given how much it cost. Hope this helps.

-Brett

Helps a bunch Brett. I'm looking for something to use throughout the season to keep leaves and the sun off my boat. I tend to be fanatical about cleaning it so even an extra 20 mins after each trip is not so daunting knowing the boat will remain clean. For the price I think it may be worth a go

Back