• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Front Window for 2520 needed.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captmccadie

Reaction score
My hinged (the one that opens) front window is shot. The boat is a 2001 so its the old style window. I got with the manufacturer and it's $560 and 8 weeks lead time. I'm hoping to find someone parting out an old boat or for whatever reason they've got a opening window for sale. I can't wait the 8 weeks.

If anyone has any leads I'm all ears.

Thanks
Brian
305-393-2029

Thanks for your reply Brent,

As stated in my posting I spoke with the manufacturer (Wynne) and the window is going to take 8 weeks to get. I can not wait that long. I am a for hire charter business that runs roughly 275 days a year and I can't be sitting around waiting for a window to be made. The spray that is coming through it is destroying my electronics.

As for whats wrong with the current one; the locks are corroded away, the hinges have rusted off, the frame is broken from a customer falling into it, the glass is cracked, the supports that keep it open are literally gone, the gasket that keeps spray from coming into the boat and soaking my electronics is gone and it just plain looks like crap. I would like a replacement.

So... if anyone has a lead for a used one or new one already made by Wynne that's for sale and readily available I would be very grateful.

Thanks again.

I saw a guy had a set for sale on Instagram the other day. I just messaged him on there asking for his contact info. I’ll post it here ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok I see

Can it be pulled out and repaired? . FYI Coat locks and arms with TEF Gel Teflon paste to slow down corrosion. After each use, open windows rinse with soapy water and dry the frames bc they trap water between the frame and dash.

Wynne has gaskets , locks, weatherstripping, hinges etc for sale. To go any decent glass shop for new glass.

If frame is okay, pull the window sash part with glass in it and MacGuyer fab an acrylic glazing to fit the frame, paint the edges, and add some solar film

Or pull the entire assembly and make a good template for Wynne and order it. Cover the hole with tinted and shaped to window piece of acrylic and seal with silicone

Other option is call DSG and replace both windows but don’t know their lead time but are pricey stuff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We contacted Wynne for replacements last year and they said 3 different windows sizes for our model. They highly recommended making a template with windows removed. A local guy looked at our windows and said the frames would be very difficult to remove. He thought they used 5200 or equivalent sealant adhesive and could not guarantee removing or damaging the gel coat. He said to use a heat gun and lots of wedges inside and outside, or they could just pop out and silicone was used.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back