Fuel economy/2510DV, Single 250vs.Twin150's,WTB,2510DV

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nic

Reaction score
I have a 2310, with a 250 etech. Looking to upgrade. Looking for a 2510 DV. Looking for the difference w/ twin 150's, vs single 250.GPH/speeds.etc
If anybody knows of one for sale I would apprectiate it. Willing to travel.Thanks. Also would like to know how slow you can go with a single 250 and one 150. need to go slow for halibut trolling. Thanx.

I think most deep v 25's that you find will have twins on it. Unless they have the single 350. Depending on load i would say a single 250 on a 25 would give you low 40's. Figure right around 2 MPG with the twin 150's or a little less depending on where you run.

Up here in northern NJ, a lot of the late '90 and early 2000 Deep V 25s were rigged with a single 250 2-stroke. Especially the models with 2nd stations since back then, the control options were limited because morse controls were used primarily.

I have a 1999 2530, deep V with full bracket and a single 4 stroke Yamaha 250. I get a pretty steady 1.6 to 1.8 mpg economy throughout most of the RPM ranges. Except for 3,000 to 3,500, just pushing water and the mpg drop down to about 1.0 to 1.2. And when trolling for bass at 1,000 to 1,100 rpm, the economy shoots up over 2.0 mpg.

When I had the 2 stroke OX66, the economy was much lower, closer to a steady average of 1.0 to 1.2 mpg throughout the RPM range. And because of the excessive weight for the engine, it wound up burning a lot of oil closer to a 40:1 ratio. And because of this, it contributed to replacing the O2 sensor every 2 years.

With the single 250, you can go as slow as you can immagine, however, depending on the current, it can be difficult to control at extremely low rpms. With a 17" pitch, running into a headwind or strong current, you regain control at about 1,100 rpms but this may put you faster than you want to go. Not sure how running on a single 150 would act is strong winds or currents.

Since the weight is a little less and distributed a little different on the 2510 vs the 2530, the performance is probably a little different.

I'm sure you can adjust the pitch of your prop, but, I'm not sure how far you're running and how fast you like to run.

As Optimax suggested, this are many performance bulletins on the Yamaha site.

However, if you are looking at older 2 stroke OX66 250s, althought the engines are bullet proof, I would be concerned with the maintenance of the O2 sensor if you would be constantly trolling at low speeds.

Overall, it's a great set up. Unfortunately, I don't know of any for sale in my area at this time.

Thanks for all your help guys. I think i have my mind made up on getting a 2510 with twin 150's.

Back