fuel filter ???

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikerronzo

Reaction score
i could really use some input the fuel filter for a 2008 yam 250 it does screw on and off ?? i would think so yes/ no i can not turn this damn thing any advice . i did remove it from engine had it in a vise it will not budge wth

Well, you need to be more specific.

Do you mean the filter cup on the motor made out of translucent plastic or the one in the boat that looks like an automotive oil filter? The one in the boat is a spin on that can be a bear to get off if the gasket has swollen up but it will come off. On occasion, you need to remove the assembly from the bilge and be held in a vise to get the filter off. The one on the motor is an ever bigger problem. Alcohol in the fuel makes the entire cup expand and can be almost impossible to get off.
If it is the motor filter, take the entire filter assembly of the motor and drain as much fuel out of it as you can and just leave it out where it can vent, drain and dry. it can take DAYS for the plastic to return to shape. Yamaha has a removal tool sold through K&L tools that works.....sometimes. I have a pic of a cup but can't seem to attach it. A replacement part is available from Yamaha made from a different material but they make no promises it can't happen gain.

Good luck, hope it helps!

Mike the Service Guy

miketheserviceguy":2ydm0izs said:
Well, you need to be more specific.

Do you mean the filter cup on the motor made out of translucent plastic or the one in the boat that looks like an automotive oil filter? The one in the boat is a spin on that can be a bear to get off if the gasket has swollen up but it will come off. On occasion, you need to remove the assembly from the bilge and be held in a vise to get the filter off. The one on the motor is an ever bigger problem. Alcohol in the fuel makes the entire cup expand and can be almost impossible to get off.
If it is the motor filter, take the entire filter assembly of the motor and drain as much fuel out of it as you can and just leave it out where it can vent, drain and dry. it can take DAYS for the plastic to return to shape. Yamaha has a removal tool sold through K&L tools that works.....sometimes. I have a pic of a cup but can't seem to attach it. A replacement part is available from Yamaha made from a different material but they make no promises it can't happen gain.

Good luck, hope it helps!

Mike the Service Guy

its the one right in from of the oil filter can not turn it tryed 7 different ways and nothing

If it's plastic one under cowling, a yamaha mechanic told me to remove it drain fuel n put in a freezer for hr. I was about to give it a try but I was able to get mine off with Chanel locks (gotta apply pressure at bottom of plastic housing)

That's everyone for the suggestions I finally broke the seal on that had it in the freezer overnight put it in a vise and got it off with two guys one with a rubber strap and a channel lock still was tough but thanks again filter was abit dirty aslo

Back