Fuel Kickback

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aclax8

Reaction score
Last couple of fill ups I have experienced some serious fuel kickback. From what I have read it sounds like it could be a blocked vent...anyone else have this problem? Also fuel always seems to drip out of the vent leaving gas stains...that can't be normal.

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks!

'02 2801

Is the fuel just dripping out of the vent when the tank is full and the boat has been sitting in the sun? Also, yes, kick back can be made worse if your vent is clogged. That said, I've never had a boat that didn't spit some on me when I filled the tank all the way up and I didn't ease up on the fill rate in time just prior to hitting full. I'm assuming you have had your boat for some time and have filled it many times before? No offense meant. That said, I would verify your vent tube is clear and not kinked. Also, check the fitting on the outside of the hull that the vent tube connects to so as to be sure its clear too. Usually, I think they have a screen material covering the holes so dirt dobbers etc can't get in. I don't think that tank has baffles but if it does I don't know if that would cause issues??? One last thought, is the tank stock or has it been replaced before? If ever replaced, is the vent in the correct place? The vent on a power boat should be in the forward/bow part of the tank. That is probably unlikely but I had a boat where the tank was replaced and the vent was in the rear which caused these type of issues. Now hopefully one of our resident experts will chime in with additional thoughts. Good luck.

In addition to looking for kinks, check your vent line to insure it has a weather loop in it.
Where the vent comes up from under the deck, it should go up to the washboard, then down to the vent fitting.

By having the loop higher than the vent fitting, it gives a bit of room for expansion (or slosh when full).
It also does not allow water to enter the vent fitting and travel down the vent line to the tank.

Attachments

• 01 vent.jpg
    01 vent.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 248
Thanks guys. Going to inspect and follow your recommendations. I have filled up quite a bit and it only happened like this the last two fill ups. Vent is right next to the fill as shown in the picture above from Megabyte. It has a slow drip basically the entire time I'm filling up, full or not.

The first year I owned my 2320 fueling up was awful.when filling it would suddenly gush out of the fill.i replaced the fill hose and vent properly routing them and have never had a problem since

Back