fuel sending unit problem

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RDS was quite a bit higher in cost then the shipping was crazy when I did mine. This does appear to be a custom job from the sound of it. You will also need two supply some sort of drawing (s). Luther's also used 1/4" alum on the tank, not 1/8" and they do have many drawings or prints of tanks they have built in the past. I needed to supply one when they built mine and guess where I got it... :lol:

Managed to get the floor up and the tank out today , floor was dry and no other problems their was water under the tank and the tank was pretty pitted,
Getting quotes now, I will contact luthers I. RI ,

Pretty pissed that when the boat was sold to me they knew they had a problem their was 2 broken sender tubes in the bottom of the tank, we don't " bay" fish and regularly go 100 + miles offshore .could have been a real safety issue .people suck

Got the quotes back today , my new aux tank 32x29x19 is about 650 and main tank ran about 1550, I thought that was pretty reasonable and I went with 3/16 on the main tank . I would guess all together should be less than 3k

So Luther's is doing it...nice, Mine was about 1500 a couple years ago and went in without a hitch and you are dealing with a great guy with lots of knowledge. Be sure to speak with him on how you should install the tanks. Coat vs. not coating. You will get a wide variety of opinions here and other sites. Aluminum has its own characteristics when it comes to protection and oxidation which is protection but being dry is #1. Anyways you are in good hands. Did you supply a drawing?. Also I had a fiberglass guy 10 minutes away take care of the deck 100% who is 10 min from Luther's let me know if you want his contact info he does great work too. PM me with where you put in during the summer and we could possibly have a dual fishing trip here in RI or the cape. I know Northboro area very well....I work for your local utility.

Funny ,I sent him the drawing and he writes back looks like a Parker 25 and sends me the factory drawing,

I will do all the other work at the house , I was hoping to get the boat done by the end of April but that's not going happen, we might be spending some time down in RI this year my daughter wants to enter into some spear fishing competitions so I will be in touch

Thanks for the tank recommendation

Back