Fuel sending unit problem

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bayscallop

Reaction score
Hello all,
Started having false readings last season with the fuel gauge, even ran out of gas once. I checked the wires on the sending unit side of the butt connectors, they were very corroded, they were not tin coated. The Wires that led to the gauge were in excellent condition . I ordered the exact same wema sending unit this winter and installed it today. Connected the two wires (red and black) exactly the way they were. Tested the new sending by sliding the black plastic level indicator up and down the stainless shaft before installing it into the tank. It worked perfectly. Installed it, tank was full and that was what it read. I then turned the key into the off position and then back to on and the gauge read one blinking bar. That indicates almost empty. Even ran an extra ground wire from a gauge screw to the negative side of the battery . Does anyone have any ideas? I’m definitely confused and frustrated. Thank you in advance.
George

Forgot to mention, remove the sending unit and put it in a large glass jar, the float does float.

Had a mechanic come over to check it out. Turned out the new fuel sending unit had a bad spot on it. Will order a another new one and try again.

Thanks for the link!

Back