Fuel Tank Replacment

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeMarkCA

Reaction score
Good day.

The fuel tank on my 1996 2320 is not leaking as of yet, but it seems that prevailing wisdom is that at 30 is should be replaced?
I thought I would start looking now for a place that can do the job at a reasonable price, or is it a feasible job for somebody not versed in boat work?
I'm up in the Monterey Bay area, however I would make the drive if it meant saving a few thousand, since there are so many more Parkers down south, perhaps more willing and experienced down there?.
Any idea what the job will run, and any recommendations? I am in Central CA, willing to travel to southern Cal to get the job done at a good price.

Thank you.

Last edited:
In Ca. All bets are off....Building a tank here on the Gulf Coast of Fl. In 3/16 I might add....Stock tank is 1/8in The price is $12gal.

That is with the tank removed and used a a templete for the new tank...

No this is NOT a job for a person not well versed in the workings of a boat.

There is precise cutting....Cutting wrong is VERY Costly.
It's dirty and stinky...It takes some serious grunt work to break the tank free on the bottom after the foam is cut loose on the sides.

It's wood working and Fiberglassing and gellcoating / painting.

I’m doing a small tank replacement right now on my 1994 17’. I’m in LA. I suggest you look in Ventura or Oxnard, then Long Beach or worst case San Diego. I had to get my tank in San Diego from American tanks and I’m doing the install work my self. It’s very messy work and as others have said, requires very precise cutting. You cannot rush the job or the boat can be damaged. Aluminum prices are starting to fall slightly for tank cost but it’s the labor involved that will cost you. Timing is the biggest driver of cost. Get the work done in the off season. Which is now for SoCal.

Back