G2 repower on a 2520 Parker?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s a great deal but I know that I have to put no less than a 250 on my 2320 or I will regret it. A 225 may work but I swear, when I’m loaded down I can’t stand taking my boat out with my 200 pushing it. It’s so bad that I now don’t fill my tank past halfway or else I struggle getting on plane. It really needs a 300.

kidfreediver":3rc2u97r said:
I second that notion I keep asking and yet no picture. I'll close these proceedings down if there is not a picture real soon..............[emoji12]
Sorry about not posting a pic, this has been a very busy week and I have not been on here a lot so I missed the request. I don't keep the boat at my home, but about 50 miles and close to the coast. I will get some pics next week and post them. I must admit it does look pretty BA. Having some issues getting it prop correctly and not having decent enough seas to get offshore and test heavy loads in offshore conditions but even w/o optimum propping I can tell you it not only looks good, but the performance is like no other OB.

I also have a 2003 2520 XL SC and repowered last year with a G2 300 I'm also having issues finding the right pitch the right prop and vibration issues any help or information from you guys would be greatly appreciated thank you

Stevenscuba1972":2a3eh7qq said:
I also have a 2003 2520 XL SC and repowered last year with a G2 300 I'm also having issues finding the right pitch the right prop and vibration issues any help or information from you guys would be greatly appreciated thank you

Can you post some pics of the boat. I want to see those motors on the back?

Stevenscuba1972":2nvjb6j0 said:

I have tried a cyclone 4 blade. It eliminated the vibration but that prop sucks, poor hole shots, won't stay on plane, poor economy. I talked with Ken at Propgods about the issue and told him I am going to try a Rx4 16 pitch. He said he has not had any complaints with the Rx4. I have one ordered but it is on back order and will be here in 7-10 days. I will let you know how does.

BTW your PM did not have a message, just a copy of my original post.

Kidfreediver I will post some pics this evening.

wejohns":ywd893sb said:
Stevenscuba1972":ywd893sb said:

I have tried a cyclone 4 blade. It eliminated the vibration but that prop sucks, poor hole shots, won't stay on plane, poor economy. I talked with Ken at Propgods about the issue and told him I am going to try a Rx4 16 pitch. He said he has not had any complaints with the Rx4. I have one ordered but it is on back order and will be here in 7-10 days. I will let you know how does.

yes [emoji4]

wejohns":1qimq2eh said:
Stevenscuba1972":1qimq2eh said:

Thank you I really appreciate it would be great to see how you make out with the RX 4

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1518099179081.jpg
    FB_IMG_1518099179081.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 175
I don't have many pictures right now I'm just a few from when I unwrap the boat last year

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1518099142858.jpg
    FB_IMG_1518099142858.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 201
This is what I was getting for performance with a rebel 3 blade 15 and 3/4 x 15 prop. No gear on board only 60 gallons of fuel and two guys so extremely light load for how I normally fish

Stevenscuba1972":xp2cciqr said:
Sorry having problems downloading a picture now

You are doing better than me, I could not get any to download. Nice looking boat.
I wish the rebel would work with the G2, it gives me all the things I am looking for performance wise. Not a better prop for the slop of the Gulf of Mexico.

Personally, I love the look of the G2. It does take some getting use to but ride on a boat with one and you just love it. Then, watch the sides removed easily for maintenance and you’ll like that feature. Lastly, look at maintenance schedule and you’ll love that. The only thing I don’t love is, they’re expensive. But aren’t they all. To put in perspective I just put a Brand new HEMI in my truck (that’s a discussion for another day :evil: ) and it was only $8200 with installation but outboards of this size are 17-23k. Just doesn’t make sense. Love your motor though.
Also, you can pick your color of side panels to match your boat, another cool idea. I am a little bias though.

Brent":vg40xzjj said:
That is bad looking on you boat
Just curious if you have anything to add to this page or the questions asked besides your opinion on the way it looks?

Changed my mind. Does it have a permatrim added after pics were taken? Or plans to add one. Next is motor mounted at correct height? Determine how the boat is used. Full gas? Lot of gear and people? Your typical boating trip. Beware of the above setup items then start propping. You want to reach your max motor rpms ex 6000 rpms or close to it. Everyone's driving habits are different is another factor. Sometimes it takes several props. We boat light, 70 gal gal n 2 crew, and avoid constant pounding from going too fast in chop and not a go fast boater if I change to one , doubtful. My neighbor was 30 plus Lightspeed with cat hull and high tunnel and twin 300 motors and 4 blades props. It is fast and tons of room, and NEW. My boat is old. His is fast and a fishing boat and can fast speeds in most sea conditions. Plus it looks bad like your motor. Nice lines m2cw

B2

Back