GAME ON!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Regulate It

Reaction score
I had the best 48 hours of fishing I have had in a loooong time. Fished Sunday with a good buddy in rough conditions and pouring rain all day. Had double hook ups non-stop. Only time I actually counted was on a 1/4 mile drift where we landed 30 fish biggest at 35". It was non-stop lights out fishing too good to miss so - cough cough I decided to fish Monday with two buddies and we had triples all morning. Biggest to 30" but still lights out. I hope it lasts since fishing the Chesapeake has been bad for me up to this point.

Attachments

• 35roc2016.jpg
    35roc2016.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 207
Sweet! That's encouraging. Those are the days you remember the rest of your life. Hard to tell, looks like a pretty light rod, how were you fishing? Hope you threw them all back so they can grow up and be there for me when my boat arrives. LOL Take care

PS. do you live in Leesburg? My daughter and son-in-law live there. Long drive to Chesapeake Beach from there.

Hey John - all fish are still swimming - I rarely take one and if I do its always between 23-25" never a breeder. We were light tackle jigging with BKDs - Bass Kandy Delights, 1 1/2 jig heads. All my tackle is super light custom sticks made by my fishing buddy Steve Fogle. If your ever interested in a sweet super light rod, his info is
Backyard Custom Rods and Repairs.
Contact Steve Fogle at (301) 898-1136 or Cell (240) 486-0007
E-Mail: [email protected]

Yes I live in Leesburg and yes it is a lonnnngggg ride - 3 hrs round trip plus but so worth it. I fish 40+ days a year and its been a while since I have seen numbers like this.

Great, thanks for the tip on the rob builder. I'm not much of a fish eater and almost always release mine, even when I'm up north catching Steelhead and Salmon. Really pi$$es the other guys off. LOL

Sounds like we have similar interests, I have 2 new custom rods built for me by Thorne Brothers based on St Croix blanks, they haven't even see water yet. When I had my 2510 I generally poured my own 3/4 to 1oz jig heads and buy sassy shads by the box of 1200. Also user 12lb line because I got hung up a lot on rocks and structure and the heavier line was that much harder to break off.

Curious, do you use the 6" or 10" BCD's?

My daughter and her husband live in Leesburg in the River Creek club community. A long drive from Laplata.

Now I'm salivating sitting here waiting on my new boat. LOL

take care

Back