Garmin 740s

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miky2884

Reaction score
Bought a garmin 740s today. I have been eyeing this unit since it came out. Just seeing if anyone else has this unit to hear some feed back every review i have read seems like i lives up to its hype. Im hoping to get it installed by the weekend.

I have a 740S on my little boat and really like it. I tried the Vision G2 card. It is a worthless gimmick and certainly not worth the extra $300.

the reason im considering the g2 card is id like to have the guide to function. I played with it for an hour in the store and it seemed to be dead on just click anywhere on the map and it guides you to where you want to go and avoids all water hazards etc..... you can get the card online now for about 119$.
Thanks for your feed back

I am very happy with our 740S. We fish/boat the northern Chesapeake and offshore OCMD and it works flawlessly. We will be getting radar tied into it next spring. No answer on the card as I have no use for it but $100 sounds cheap enough to try anything once.

miky2884":scou85jm said:
the reason im considering the g2 card is id like to have the guide to function. I played with it for an hour in the store and it seemed to be dead on just click anywhere on the map and it guides you to where you want to go and avoids all water hazards etc..... you can get the card online now for about 119$.
Thanks for your feed back

That is the one really worth while function. For $119 that wouldn't be a bad deal. I have my 740s on a 16ft Alumaweld. It wouldn't do me much good.

it might be just me, but that G2 card would make me REALLY nervous.... I mean, sure the GPS knows where the water is, but I'm not sure how I'd like trusting a computer's navigation over a route that i can make and check myself... :shock:

I have the 740 S what a great unit have been using it laying down tracks, Waypoints,
Navigating what a breeze have not had to go to the instruction book yet.

That is why i bought it 100 0/0 user friendly.

" BEAN "

I got the 740S for the same price as a 740. I have a furino depth finder thru hull tilted element that is level with the bottom of the hull.

" BEAN "

Back