Garmin or Raymarine???

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pdksr

Reaction score
Garmin or Raymarine ??
Time to think about rigging the 2510 Walkaround. Trying to decide between the Raymarine C120w or the Garmin 4212. I currently have the E120 on my boat that's going to a new home. Had no complaints and the unit was pretty easy to use.
Saw a demo of the Garmin 4212 and really cought my interest.
Any comments/ opinions / preferences out there?
Thx

I went with the RM120W on my 2009 2510. It was just had it installed last week. It looks great on the dash,but I have not taken delivery of the boat yet so I havn't had much time to mess with it. I can't say anything good or bad about the Garmin , I never used any of thier equipment. I have a RM A65 on a cc I have for sale now and I was familiar with most of the functions. I have heard that the Garmin units were user friendly thuogh. There is a picture of it on All About Parker Boat forum.
Good luck you should be Ok either way.
Chris

I have the 5212 mounted indash with a AP,radar, and VHF it works great and so easy to use and super easy to install.. I don't use my boat everyday so the easy to use is very important to me ..

Garmin 740 is supposed to be the fastest unit Garmin has out right now, and I saw this first hand comparing it at west marine, down side it has a smaller screen.

Between the two, I would select the Garmin if it were my choice.

My family has boats with both - the Garmin is more user-friendly. I like the e-120's display bettwe for sounding.

If I had to choose, I would prefer the e-120 because I am better with it - but most others like the garmin

Back