gps/ff mounting question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wharf rat

Reaction score
I have a 2120dvsc and am mounting a Lorance hds 5 on top of the dash in pilot house. Just wondering if anyone has come up with a good approach to drilling through the dash to run power and aux. cables? If the window is opened there is a great possiblity for water to run through access hole and soak wiring! should power cables be routed over and down/under or what? The cables have 1/2" coplers approx. so the hole needs to be big enough to alow several through. Please show me some pictures of your dash mounted electronics. would like to avoid a holly mess and swiss cheese dash. :roll: :idea:

What i did was silicon and use a clam shell where the wires run thru the holes. I never run boat with front windows open, sides yes.

I agree "What i did was silicon and use a clam shell where the wires run thru the holes. I never run boat with front windows open, sides yes."

Unless it is mirror calm a little wind spray always seems to make it in the front windows when they are open. Then you spend the last part of the day doing interior windows (I hate that)

Back