Grease Fittings

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pig Pen

Reaction score
Yamaha 150 Sea Star Hyd Steering I'm doing the winterization for the outboard....greasing it as per instructions....there are 2 grease fittings to close to the hyd cylinder to get a grease gun on....when tilting the motor they move with the hyd cylinder so there is no change ....I want to change it to a 45 or 90 degree fitting in stainless...unfortunately I'm unable to find any..checked NAPA WEST MARINE...and 1 marina...I have 1 more marina to check....I know I could buy one at NAPA...grease the two sections and put the original fittings back in...not that it's labor intensive...just run the risk of cross threading them is all....any suggestions would be appreciated...anyone know the thread size of the fitting per chance ....Thanks in advance

I believe you want an angled 6mm 'ZERK' fitting for that Yumster motor ...

Grease it well and a non-SS one will get you buy until you replace it.

I'd have to go double check on mine, but I think if you go hard over you can access that grease fitting behind the SeaStar ram.

Looked closer at the zerk fittings...only straight will work...talked to a marina...they have a 90 degree coupler (part that goes on the zerk) that slides over the fitting to get into the small space....guess what I ordered yesterday :roll: Thanks for the help...

there are 2 grease fittings to close to the hyd cylinder to get a grease gun on.

Turn the steering wheel. :) If you turn the wheel to the left lock and then grease one.....Then turn to the Right lock and grease the other.

Try it.... :)

Back