Grouper digging North Carolina style

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt Keith

Reaction score
Got a nice break in the weather and was able to get in 2 days on the water with liminting out both days. Carolina gags are chewing strong.
Also ran my 23' DVCC with the newly installed 11"x18" Boat Leveler tabs and all I can say is "WOW". I was ready to put her up for sale due to "ride issues" but thought I would try new tabs first. it was almost as if I bought a "new" boat! Thanks to all the CP'ers for posting on Tabs upgrades!

Attachments

• g1.JPG
    g1.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 146
  • g2.JPG
    g2.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 146
  • g3.JPG
    g3.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 146
  • g4.JPG
    g4.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 146
  • g5.JPG
    g5.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 146
  • g6.JPG
    g6.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 146
Glad you could use the tab upgrade info. Sure is amazing the difference it makes.

Great catches. You put Tampa grouper diggin to shame. I think I want to move to NC now. 8)

jim

No nowhere near the tower. Thats my favorite place to spearfish though. We slay the Hogfish out there. I run out of Carolina Beach. These fish were caught 14 miles off the hill. I just run looking at my bottom machine to the "low relief" ledges marked on a bathymetric chart and study my bottom machine. When I mark bait and sometimes these larger semi-circle red blobs on the bottom, I drop some baits over the side. The key is a good bottom machine. Can't beat a furuno!

grouperjim":nbi6knk7 said:
Where did you put your ducer? Is it a shoot-thru, through-hull, or transom mount?

jim

Yes its a shoot-tru 'ducer. Airmar P-79 with 600 watts. Would love to have the larger Airmar 1000 watt unit.
The ducer is mounted in the lazarette, opposite the factory mounted raw water thru-hull fiting (starboard side of center line) . Its a "puck" style "ducer, very easy to intall. I used mineral oil to fill the resevoir. Its a great unit and I have zero interference while running. Only interference comes while in reverse.
I have it connected to a Furuno GP7000 GPS/Fish Finder combo. I will be selling this unit because I am replacing it with the 10" NavNet sytem. Anyone interested drop me a pm. Includes GPS antenae but not the transducer.

Attachments

• Furuno 1.JPG
    Furuno 1.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 123
  • furuno2.JPG
    furuno2.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 123
Wow! What a great screen shot on that fish finder! What size is that display? Which model is that. I think my Furuno 620 might be up for sale soon....

Calabash-SC
Yes the Gags are inshore now. I have some friends who fished 4 days leading up to Thanksgiving and limited out every day. I was off this past week and couldnt get out and I'm working this week. Hoping for a wx break next week so we can get back out and harrass them some more.
How do you guys do out of Calabash? Do you run out of Little River? How far do you have to go?

Back