Gunnel Thickness?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishPimp

Reaction score
Hey all,
I am ordering an adjustable halyard cleat for my newly installed outriggers and I am not sure the thickness of my boat's gunnel. (23SE)
I can either order the 2 7/8ths depth or 3 7/8ths depth item.
Thinking the 3 7/8" might be better for accessibility to snug the Hal Locks.
I am not near my boat until next weekend, (FINALLY!!!) and I want to order these Tuesday so that I can install over the weekend.
Can somebody who has cut into their gunnel to add a cleat or rod holder let me know approximate thickness?
Thanks a bunch,
Chris
here is the link-
http://www.alltackle.com/halyard_adjustable_cleat.htm

Attachments

• halyard_tensioner (Medium).jpg
    halyard_tensioner (Medium).jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 595
  • halyard_tensionerVert (Medium).jpg
    halyard_tensionerVert (Medium).jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 595
My boat is at the dealer so I can't measure it. But it's no where near 2.5 or 3 inches thick. I added several rod holders to my 23SE last year and was surprised how thin it was.

I added 2 rod holders to my 23se last fall I was surprised how thick mine was. I was thinking that I would never get through it. At least 1 1/2". That was about 8" behind my fuel fill. The picture will show the forward rodholders.

Charlie
Eden, Md

Attachments

• P1010214.JPG
    P1010214.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 549
Just a hunch but the CC's may have thicker gunwales than the PH's because they have no support mid ship from the pilot house structure. Just a thought. Be interesting to hear from Parker.

Just got off the phone with Engineer Joe Savage (what a great name) at Parker.
The thickness of gunnel is roughly 13/16ths of an inch. Again DaleH was right on the money.

Back