hatteras 9/4/2015

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrGeeze

Reaction score
It has been a while since Bad Betty has left the slip.
pretty weather & fewer charters to run/mate provided the opportunity the last week or two.
yesterday captain charlie and i ventured out on 5 knots of wind and calm seas.
With Betty running 25 knots we got to blue water before the ballyhoo thawed.

wahoo fishing has been the name of the game so that's what we were after.
we went 4 out of 11 last weekend and we were looking to improve the hookup ratio.

snagged one right off the bat in 35 fathoms on the planer - black and red eycatcher. old reliable.
worked back in & found grass scattered for miles in every direction.
finally decided to run back to the inside edge of the grass. set back out in 22 fathoms & caught one on the long wire.
blue and white sea star. another old reliable.
fished up the edge and got our third after missing a couple. Another eyecatcher on the planer
All the meat we needed so we headed back in. 3 out of 6. Pretty good ratio for wahoo.
Back to the dock by 1pm.

Anyone fishing Hatteras should exercise EXTREME CAUTION navigating our inlet. The Coast Guard has removed navigational aids entering the inlet from the sea buoy. Parker owners can run the "shortcut" but should fix a plot line by following another local boat out. I understand there is another newer shortcut closer to the end of Hatteras but have not run it yet.

Attached find the obligatory dead fish picture of Captain Charlie and yesterdays catch . Sorry I left Bad Betty out of the shot

Catch 'em up.

Attachments

• IMG_1044.JPG
    IMG_1044.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 329
Yes indeed. That is Captain Charlie of the Sea Dream.
Charlie stepped in last winter when the Sea Dream's Owner/Captain Guy Baxter got sick.
Unfortunately Guy passed earlier this summer. Truly a great guy.

Since then Charlie has been running the trips for Guy's widow.

Thought it looked like him. I had to pleasure of going out with Capt. Charlie and Capt. Bob back in June. Great guys for sure!!

Back