Hello From Long Island

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Recess

Reaction score
I found this site recently and already have picked up some very helpful tips! Thanks to Keith and Dale for their help in the registration process.
It's nice to be aboard.
Chris T.

Well Welcome aboard Here Chris glad i was alittle help to you with getting in here,and it is Def. great to have another member from the NorthEast here with us as we are growing bigger and bigger here.Going to try to get a meet in the summer on the water for us guys in Northeast area,lets a a big bash!!!HaHaHa oh yea there are a ton of helpful members here well again Welcome aboard

Hi Chris and welcome.

Where on Long Island do you sail from?

I am currently docked in Seaford and fish out of Jones Inlet.

Brian

Thanks guys! This seems like a very helpful and welcoming group! My home port is Bayport/Browns River on the South Shore. It would be fun to meet up this season at some point. I have attended the WhiteWater rendezvous at the Riverview the past two seasons, it's a good time and they give away alot of goodies as well.

I am anxious for my splash and I've been trying to prep the boat in between wind and rain storms. Frustrating when it's 35 degrees with a 25mph wind, not the kind of weather that I want a hose in my hand.

I have been searching the site for maintenance tips, etc. Ran out and bought BarKeepers Friend and just installed my new Edson power knob!
Any ideas about getting water spots off the windows?? Seems as though the salt water spots are tough to remove, normal glass cleaners don't do the trick.

Recess welcome aboard. We're practicaly neighbors. I live and dock in Oakdale and have the 2120 SC. My daughter lives in Bayport as well. Nice town.

Folks at White Water are good people. Hope to splash by mid April.

Try RainX and search this site. I remember a similar discussion on glass cleaners awhile ago.

Ray

Opps...Should have said welcome aboard Chris!

Ray

Recess":2u2s6lfm said:
Any ideas about getting water spots off the windows?? Seems as though the salt water spots are tough to remove, normal glass cleaners don't do the trick.

Give Bon Ami a try.
It works well with minimal effort. :wink:

RainX after that. :)

Welcome aboard. My sons' 2120 DVSC, although I make all the payments and put gas in it, is in Merrick Bay right around the bend from you.

As far as cleaning goes you can't go wrong with MaryKate.

That is very funny you pay and put gas and he owns!!!Good job MoM That is great that your tight with him like that.Hey you can only have 1 mother but can have many Fathers!!!So i am sure he is Proud To have Mom like you!!!

finsup21":v1rmb05q said:
Welcome aboard. My sons' 2120 DVSC, although I make all the payments and put gas in it, is in Merrick Bay right around the bend from you.

Awwwww, now how are you going to train that boy to stand on his own two feet if you make his payments. You should own the boat and let him beg for a fishing trip once in a while. Will make him buckle down, work hard, pay his bills, and buy his own boat. :D :D :D

Recess":3f07nmwm said:
I have been searching the site for maintenance tips, etc. Ran out and bought BarKeepers Friend and just installed my new Edson power knob!

Window water spots. If your windows are glass and NOT plexiglass, you are not goint to believe this but, have you tried the Barkeepers Friend? We have a glass top range at home. You know those hard water stains you get when the pot of spaghetti boils over and dries on the the range top? Get's it right out!! Try it.

Then put Rain X on the windows.

rplas48":pr9nvirv said:
Recess welcome aboard. We're practicaly neighbors. I live and dock in Oakdale and have the 2120 SC. My daughter lives in Bayport as well. Nice town.

Folks at White Water are good people. Hope to splash by mid April.

Try RainX and search this site. I remember a similar discussion on glass cleaners awhile ago.

Ray

Always Nice to meet the neighbors...! Yesterday, before I got to try BKF on the windows ...my mechanic showed up with his trailer! I had told him that this was THE week! Looks like a splash before Saturday! :) I dock right off of Brown's River.
I plan on working on those windows over the weekend.
Thanks to All for the suggestions!!

Actually he acts like its his boat. He does a nice job shining it up and complains when I get all that bluefish blood and bait all over the cockpit.

finsup21":oxebqfzr said:

...you make the payments and buy the gas! Sounds like your son picked the "right" parents! :)

If the shop can find my prop (don't ask)...my Splash will happen today!

Back