Help me identify this parker

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panga

Reaction score
I am looking at buying this parker, the owner is telling me it is a 2520XLD year 1991, but some people on another board say that the XLD was not available back then, and that it would have the long cabin with 4 seats, basically I am just wondering if it is a deep V model or the modified V. I will be using the boat in the pacific northwest and dont want a boat that is going to pound the hell out of me. Is this boat the 21 degree hull or the 14 degree?

Please help, I am planning on going to go and looking at the boat, but I don't want to waist my time driving 12 hours if it is not the boat for me.

thanks

OK now I cant get the pics to upload, I am going to post the link to the ad, thanks

It is hard to tell from the pictures but if the specs are correct it would be a Deep Vee hull. The DV Parkers had a standard 173 gallon tank and the MV had a stanard 126 gallon tank. The boat is not an XL, it is a stardard pilot house. the XL had jump seats and was not available in 1991. If you get a chance to see the boat in person look for the number of strakes on the hull. The DV has two strakes and the MV has one. I hope that helps.

Brad

PS - that boat used to be on the East Coast. If i recall correctly it was docked near me in Atlantic City.

Correct, XLD nomenclature came to be sometime in the early 2000 years, if I recall correctly. Also, if 2 strakes on the bow V she is a deep V. See pictures:

2 lifting strakes = Deep-V:
Image-75A98B85F6B411DB.jpg

1 lifting strake = Mod-V:
Image-75A9E6E3F6B411DB.jpg

Photos credit: Capt Kevin, aka "Megabyte"

i love this site, there is so much info on here.

Here is another clue...
If the keel comes to a 'point', it is a modified vee hull.

Image-75ABE900F6B411DB.jpg

If the hull is 'flat' on the keel, it is a deep vee hull.

Image-75ABBBF5F6B411DB.jpg

Also understand that Parker used to build 3 different hulls. They could be had in a 14 degree deadrise (as my 2520 is), a 16 degree deadrise (for the XL models), or 21 degrees for the deep vee model.

The 1991 model shown is a 2520, and not an XL. The XL cabins are 18" longer and have larger side windows.
If it is a modified vee rather than a deep vee, it is the 14 degree hull.

Not a bad thing at all (I own one), but don't expect it to be fast in a bumpy sea. You need to slow down in these boats in order to enjoy the ride. :wink:

anyone want to take a guess at the fair market value of this boat?

Not to highjack the threa but anyone know what 2520's were available in 2004? It's cabin is the 2 captains chairs and 2 jump seats. Could it still be any of the 3 (14, 16, or 21 degree)?

HVF21221":3dc7zs0g said:
Not to highjack the threa but anyone know what 2520's were available in 2004? It's cabin is the 2 captains chairs and 2 jump seats. Could it still be any of the 3 (14, 16, or 21 degree)?

If it has two captains chairs and 2 jump seats, it's an XL model and it should be the 16 degree hull.
Easiest way to be certain would be to call the factory with the HIN number, and then you would know for sure.

Okay , I found out it is definitely a Deep V.

Could you guys help me out with estimating what the boat is worth. I plan on taking a drive to check it out, and would like to know ball park what shes worth in todays economy.

specs 1991 2520 parker deep v, with twin yami 150s fourstroke, on a bracket, second station, nothing fancy electronics wise, nice three axle trailer, boat looks to be in fair shape. If you guys could give me a ball park guess it would be great.

thanks

Hard to say these days, the market is so bad and so in flux. I think you should start by figuring out what the motors are worth and then add $10-$15k for a first offer. That's harsh for the seller and I'm sure some here will think it unfair, but I bought a 2002 2520 last September for $30k with a brand new F225 on a bracket (approx $20k) and a trailer, and that's 10 years newer. Now I still think that was a screaming deal and these boats don't deteriorate much so the 10 year difference doesn't mean as much as it might with another brand. On the other hand, the other boat I was looking at at the time was an early 1990s 2520DV with twin 150s (also bracketed) and its owner had already done a lot of work to replace some soft decks and the fuel tanks. I think there was a point in the early 1990s after which they started glassing the underside of the decks and it took care of some of those problems, but the point is that it's not like you can't encounter problems with that vintage. I think he wanted around $40 for that boat. The surveyor I hired said the work was solid and it was a good deal and I would have bought it if I hadn't found the other one. So get a good survey, and that's a decent data point for your value -- $40k if the necessary work has already been done. If the one you're looking at has a nice pale yellow paint job you should contact me because it might be the same boat and I may be able to dig up the survey report I paid for.

For what it's worth I have LOVED my boat. It's still in the water now, and floated on through last month's 25 year record snowfall on the Chesapeake without a hitch. (Oops--too late to do anything by the time the weather turned awful). Every boat is a compromise but a 2520 is a damn good best of many worlds. Superb fishing boat, passable family speedboat, and pretty serviceable weekend cruiser when you want to explore and camp out--all with good speed and fuel economy.

Scott-MD":xstfem6d said:
Every boat is a compromise but a 2520 is a damn good best of many worlds. Superb fishing boat, passable family speedboat, and pretty serviceable weekend cruiser when you want to explore and camp out--all with good speed and fuel economy.

Probably one of the best summaries on the make and model that I have ever read.
Nice job Scott. 8)

Back