Help with Prop

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Decided to update my 2001 2520 over the winter. Intrinsic did a hell of a job painting the hull a nice baby blue and replaced my yamaha 225 4 stroke with a brand spanking new 250. They also removed an old transducer that was apparently causing problems with structure-scan. So Sunday night I was admiring the rocks on the screen in 3 foot of water at Thomas Point Shoal. My motor was tilted way up, but somehow in my revelry I hit those said rocks. So now my new prop in a wreck. I am thinking of using this as an opportunity to upgrade to a higher performance prop. My guy at intrinsic did some research for me and it looks like the Revolution 4 has the best numbers. I had previously been running full throttle at 5900 RPM's and 34MPH. The numbers from Propgods indicate a top speed of 40 at 6000 and 30 at 4500 rpms. I have several questions and concerns:

1. Is that 40 MPH a fantasy. Will I lose 300-400 RPM's and never achieve the promised land.
2. Am I crazy to have a stainless prop on my boat considering I only fish the various rock piles on the shoal. I fish nearly every day and have only hit 3 times in 30 years and always at low speed. Still worried about messing up the lower unit.
3. Does anyone know a local prop guy that would swap out props until getting it right?

I have been living on Thomas Point road, but will be moving to Ferry Point on South River. It will not be a long run to the point, but I am impatient and have been used to anchoring up within 2 minutes of leaving my dock, so cruising speed is keep. Could care less about getting out of the hole. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I think 40mph is possible for a WOT under the right conditions, but you should be able to find a bunch of info on that subject if you search the site.

You said you were in 3 feet of water.......don't you draw 3 feet with that boat....I know I do. All you need is a little swell, wave, or the stern squatting when accelerating, and your hitting something.

Given your fishing preferences I wouldn't run a stainless prop.

Its a modified V, so I don't think I do. I have never hit bottom, just hit with the prop. I confess to not being very knowledgleable about my boat or engine. It's always just been the means to get me to my fishing spots. I have pledged this time around to take care of her and learn a bit more. After all, now she is an old friend.

Back