Hey Everyone, New Parker Owner

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angus

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Just bought a new 2320 Cabin Parker this year 2014 and joined classic parker a few months ago. I have found it so helpful figured I would go ahead and introduce myself. Grew up in Raleigh, NC and Wrightsville Beach, NC. Live in Raleigh and Sneads Ferry on the water now, Wrightsville just got to expensive and a boat slip there costs about four times as much as one here, but we got us a nice little house on the water. Grew up on Gradys, but just found for the money and after much research did not think Parker could be beat AND I like the fact they are a NC company. :O) I will try to help where I can as well in the forums, etc, but just appreciate everyones help thus far. Happy safe boating in 2014! ANGUS

Welcome aboard. I too migrated from a Grady about 6 years ago and haven't regretted it yet. Hope to see some pictures of that new boat soon.

Steve

Welcome aboard Angus. Sounds like we have some things in common. I once lived in Raleigh and Wilmington. I kept my boat at Masonboro Boat Yard and lived just around the corner from there. I've spent a lot of time on the water in the Wrightsville/Wilmington area. I now live in Winston Salem but I keep my 2120 in Beaufort. I'll overnight on it at the Beaufort docks if it's just me or my son and I. When my bride is with me I'll stay at the Inlet Inn. I like Wilmington and Wrightsville too but it has gotten so crowded. Purely for boating and fishing, you just can't beat the Beaufort area. Maybe I'll see you there sometime? I've tried to get some interest in getting a Parker Rendezvous together for Beaufort or maybe Ocracoke but I have not received any responses. Good luck with your new 2320, they are great boats.

Welcome aboard Angus. Looking forward to your participation in CP.

Have a neighbor who moves boats up and down the coast, so I have spent time in many NC water locations.
Looking to hopefully tour the area this winter with a possibility of relocating from MD.

Shawnee83... Schedule a date and advertise it in the Rendezvous forum as well with your local dealer(s).
I've hosted here in the mid-Chesapeake for about 8 years in a row now.
Some years we've had 15 boats. Some years only 3, but it's always a good time.
Go for it, and they will come. :wink:

Megabyte":x9aho06h said:
Welcome aboard Angus. Looking forward to your participation in CP.

Have a neighbor who moves boats up and down the coast, so I have spent time in many NC water locations.
Looking to hopefully tour the area this winter with a possibility of relocating from MD.

Shawnee83... Schedule a date and advertise it in the Rendezvous forum as well with your local dealer(s).
I've hosted here in the mid-Chesapeake for about 8 years in a row now.
Some years we've had 15 boats. Some years only 3, but it's always a good time.
Go for it, and they will come. :wink:

Thanks Megabyte. I posted one there in the late fall but I didn't put a specific date for it in the post. Just spring 2014. I might try to toss out something there again with a week or 2 notice when I know I'm going down and see what happens.

Thanks everyone! Love the fellowship, but also the knowledge Parker Boat owners bring.

Shawnee, very familier with Masonboro Inlet, friend of mine went out yesterday and they caught a ton of Amberjacks, threw most back, but caught some VERY nice sized ones. Been out on my small boat here at Sneads last few days, the spanish mackeral and blue bite is very good right now. Plan a deep sea trip out to an old German Sub next weekend, very excited about it. My bet is you know of five points in Raleigh.

Anyone schedule a Parker boat get together anywhere in my area Moorehead to Wilmington I will be there! Not to many Parkers in Snesds, but shes a head turner.

Megabyte, been here my entire life and can honestly say from many standpoints, taxes, crime, schools, life most areas in NC just a great place to live, esp. the triangle area!

Thanks again everyone for the welcome and safe, happy boating in 2014! New memories to come! Angus. 8)

Shawnee! Your not to far from me, so let me know if you do a Parker Boat get together. Will bring the family. I bought the boat from Starling Marine not far from you. I have not done the Parker Boat building tour yet, but have an IOU to do so! Thanks again!

Will do on the get together Angus. Maybe June? I'll be in Beaufort next weekend though to install my new Bimini Top that is now ready. That will complete my initial to do list. I just got mine in November so I'm a newbie to Parker too. Although mine is a 2006, it didn't get used much with 295 hrs. About the only thing that was added post dealer was a Chart Plotter Sonar so it was pretty much a blank slate. I definitely know 5 points. I used to live a few blocks off of Dixie Trail when I was in Raleigh. I left in 98 for Wilmington. Although the 4 years I lived in Raleigh, I kept my boat in Wilmington and spent most weekends there. Look forward to seeing you and the family (and that nice new 2320!!)when we do that get together.

Hey Shawnee! Small world, know your old area very well over by Dixie Trail. Funny about the Bimini top, I just installed one on my boat. I was a little shocked at the cost, just over $1000.00 bucks, but its top quality, really like it and the install was easy. Got it from the Parker Factory. A bit nerve racking drilling into a new boat, but been drilling on the console ever since I got it, it seems. Going to be in Beaufort tonight looking at some new rods and reels. I will be around in June so give me some heads up on a date you folks may be looking at and we will steam it on down there. Have a great day!

Back