Hey thought I should introduce myself

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulNBriannaLynn

Reaction score
We recently relocated from the coastal islands of Washington state, to the coast of Georgia for work and a sunnier climate. We are a boating and fishing family, and sold our C-dory back in WA so we wouldn't have to trailer across the country with the intention of buying a Parker when we got here. We lived on that C-dory while fishing shrimping and crabbing in the San Juan Islands every chance we got. One day last Spring when spot shrimp and halibut were both open, we headed out across the Strait of Juan de Fuca to fish off San Juan Island. There was a gale warning in effect and everyone was turning around to go back to the marina. Just our boat and a Parker 2320 (I think it was) had the stones to make it across the strait and we pitched and rolled making our way across at a safe and steady 11-13 knots while getting our kidneys and teeth pounded out. We were envious of that parker...... traveling at a much faster speed through those waves and not rolling nearly as bad. By the time we made it the 50 or so miles to the shrimping grounds, the Parker was already sitting on our spot, pots soaking in the water. Pretty much the same size boat but a better design for those rough conditions. I've never been on one in the water, but I don't need to.. that was enough for me.

Joined this site hoping to participate when we get our parker, and maybe even find our boat on here from another member selling theirs. We are partial to the 2100 CC... and may end up buying one new. We were kicking tires at the Hilton Head SC Parker dealer last weekend.

Welcome aboard and best of luck finding your new boat. Check the foresale section often as someone is always upgrading, downsizing, or getting out of boating. Extremely knowledgeable people on this site so enjoy the literature that has been shared.

By the way, the C-Dory is also a very nice boat, you appear to have good taste in boats :lol:

Hey Thanks man! We loved that C-dory but it wasn't really utilitarian enough for all that fish blood and traps on the deck for us. We always looked up to the parkers back home. Cant wait to get some blood on the gunnels and fish in the box.

Back