Hot sleeping sat night

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captainhix

Reaction score
I am going to be sleeping at the slip in ocmd saturday night and its going to be HOT!!! Anyone have any fan recommendations that are powerfull enough to ventilate the entire boat without being too large? I will be plugging in into shore power and would like to pick something up today.

Thanks

Someone on-line had plans for a 12v fan blowing out of a cooler filled w/ ice as a poor man's AC. I'd use blocks or frozen 2-liter bottles myself ...

I have a 12v 8" diam black oscillating clip-on mount fan, $20 shipped if you want it , believe it is 2-speeds ...

Doh!?!? Shore power ... ???? .... Fugghedaboutit ... :oops:

You could rig a sailboat wind scoop for the front hatch, or lay a box fan over the hatch.. If it isn't going to rain.

If you spend a lot of nights in the boat, you may want to consider doing what we did and put a marine AC unit in! We installed one under the passengers seat in our 25mvsc, makes it nice if you have shore power. If not, a Honda eu2000 will run the unit.

Scott

Thanks for the replys! Ended up with a Lasko High Performance Blower Fan fro Home Depot and works great. Sits outside the door and moves air better than I would have immagined.

we stay aboard our 2520 every weekend as well. Last year I rigged up a portable ac unit from home depot and it keeps
the cabin in the low 70,s @ night. I ran the vent out the port side to the cockpit along with a dryer vent and the unit fit right under the port seat with no interference to the seating. We just plug it in when we get back to the dock and let it run for the night.
I don,t know who likes it more us or the dog she lays in front of it all night.

Back