How far out have you fished in your 2300 DVCC?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cycler

Reaction score
I am in NJ, sail out of Barnaget Inlet. Furthest I plan to run my 23 DVCC is to the Barnegat Ridge, which is approx. 16 miles from the inlet. However, reading other forums, it seems some folks, in Parkers and other center console boats, do venture out to 30 miles or more, when weather conditions favor. Couldn't help but wonder how far anyone has ventured with the same boat I have. Thanks in advance, Cycler.

Thanks for the responses. Guess the boat can safely do such a trip, weather permitting.

I have taken my 1801 for albacore more than 35 miles off Monterey, CA. I like a buddy boat for these jaunts.

I took two trips out to the big rock out of Morehead city, nc. this year. 45 miles. First trip was great, nice weather. Second trip was great also but when we got out of the inlet we were met with undesirable conditions. My 2310 stuck right in there. Lets just say I know my boat can take some rough s@&$ now. Thank goodness it layed down around lunch for the ride in. The boat can handle more than you can take.

Pick and choose your days, these boats can handle the distance. I have had my boat out on 160 mile round trips, fish tails and back into the deep 1500 ft. It's on you not your boat, your experience is paramount. 30 miles is not even questionable. I have taken my 21 out 25 miles on rough days shark fishing and said to myself, what the hell are you doing. Boat has never let me down. Only issue is the pounding you put on the boat and your body.

Pick your days and I frequently go to the Washington Canyon from OC Maryland at 72 miles. Once went overnight to the Lobsterclaw out of Lewes, De at 85 miles.

Well now I have to make a change. In June of 2014 I finally got out about 80 miles cuz several folks said we could not catch tiles or black bellied rosefish here off Long Bay. So we had to try. Had to come back in to 750 ft but there seem to be plenty there. I really love fishing deep.

John

Boat for sale now

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2006/Pa ... 3Bm74-cFPZ

Attachments

• IMG_2466.JPG
    IMG_2466.JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 203
Back