How many 2520's models are there, which one is best ?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DougM

Reaction score
This may be a stupid question, I'm shopping for a 2520 and I've noticed there are different models of 2520's out there, different dead rises, v's, etc, Im looking for say a 2007 or newer to bass,fluke etc in LI sound, block and fishers island. I would appreciate any advise you guys could give me on which model would best suite my needs. also looking for a good marina in that area. was at boats inc a few weeks ago and was impressed with all the parkers,, thanks, Doug

For 2007 and newer, there would be two hulls. The 16 degree modified vee and the 21 degree deep vee.
If the boat is out of the water, a modified vee will have one lifting strake and a deep vee will have two.

On the topsides, you would have two cabin styles. The 'standard' cabin and the XL.
The standard cabin has seating for two and the XL has seating for four.

There is also a 2530 model which has a larger cabin than the XL, and most 2530's include a dinette.
All of the 2520 and 2530 models can be had with canvas drop curtains rather than a bulkhead and a door, but that option is fairly rare.

Earlier 2520's had a 14 degree deadrise (my 1996 model has the 14 degree hull).
For a period of time, Parker offered the 2520 in 14, 16, and 21 degree hulls, but I believe the 14 was discontinued somewhere around 2000.

Does that help?

Capt, Kevin.

Great information, thank you. I believe I will go with the standard pilot house appose to the xl or 30 and have more room for the fisherman. I take it one hull may be a better riding hull and one may be better for drifting. I do allot of fluking now which is one of reasons I want a parker. most parker owners say it is very stable on the drift. I also dont mind fishing in all kinds of weather. so the pilot house is going to be great. which hull do you think I should look for or don't you think it will make much difference.

thanks for your help.. Doug

DougM":biobaimh said:
which hull do you think I should look for or don't you think it will make much difference.

I don't think it would make a lot of difference, but if you are doing a lot of drifting, I would lean toward the MV.
Of course, it also depends on how far you need to go to get to your fishing spot, and in what kind of conditions.

Keep in mind that most of the DV's are powered by twins, while MV's are powered by singles.
It makes a difference in purchase price (and operating costs) between a single motor and twins.

Kevin,

Thanks for your help, I found a great thread that you guys posted, I believe it was back in June. V vs Mv and the difference in the deadrise. I think for my use either would work out and it may end up depending on the deal I can get on one. I'm not in a rush and just want to get set up by the spring and spend next summer on her every weekend. there's some good deals out there and by november there should even be more.

thanks for your help, Doug

Back