How to Convert Capt's Chairs to Leaning Post

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patton

Reaction score
I have a 2000 21ccdv with captians chairs and livewell under the seats. I would like to add a leaning post instead of the chairs. Can this be done with the existing pedestal mounts? How do i find a compatable leaning post?

why don't you give dan at custom marine fabrication in new bern,nc a call and see if he can help. 252-638-2920

This picture is 8 years old but I am still using the same leaning post today. I bought a fiberglass shell at a yard sale for $2. I gelcoated it to match the hull, added 3 rod holders and had a shop make the pad. I used 3/16" aluminum tubing big enough to slide neatly over Parkers stanchions. (They did not have to be cut or moved) I welded two plates with a boltup to one end of the tubing to attach to the fiberglass shell . I can switch from captains chairs to a leaning post in less than 30 seconds with no tools. Surely not as fancy as what's availble on the market today but it has severed me well.

leaningpost.jpg

patton,
Look online and find one that will work. Maybe you could order just the top part directly from the manafacturer or supplier and use the method I described with the tube over the existing Parker stanchions.

parkerman,
You can have my captains chairs for free if you want to come pick them up in Key West. I never use them anymore. If my wife goes out she has a beanbag chair.

Back