How to hook up the Keurig coffe pot?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reelhookedup

Reaction score
Hi folks I havent been on in some time, my fishing season is ending and I am looking at some winter projects. I have an extra Keurig single cup coffe brewer that I got as a gift. What do I have to do to have a plug for 120V (ONLY FOR COFFE POT) and will only be used while boat is running off of the kicker or main motor? If any one can get me from the battery compartment to the pilot house on my 2320 with what I need to purchase and install that would be great. Or is this not even worth the effort. Thanks for all the help. Sean

Bryan 2530":2q9y05ka said:
What kind of amps that thing draw??
1435 watts as listed in their specs ... so that's at or > 113 amps on a 12vdc circuit! (Watts / VDC = Amps)

Figuring an OB starter peaks @ ~220 amps and cycles down to 180 whilst cranking ... that coffee pot would draw some SERIOUS amps while CONTINUOUSLY brewing, as measured in minutes ... and not seconds like an OB starter!

... I sure wouldn't do it ... :shock:

How about with a generator/inverter?

EU1000IKN_PE_IMG250.jpg

The Mini spec also shows:
Energy Savings Mode – Auto Off after 90 seconds

You would still probably need a 2,000 watt inverter @ no less than $100 and it would need to be hard wired rather than a cig lighter model.

I'm a big fan of generators but think you'd need more than the 1000i above to get the job done.

BOE Marine was selling the Honda 2000 generator/inverters at the Annapolis Boat Show.
They are a Honda dealer.

We had the power go out a few months ago after the Hurricaine we just had in late August. The first thing I did in the morning was fire up my Honda Eu2000i generator to use our Keurig coffee maker.

Let me tell you - The generator was able to get the job done, but BARELY. It really seemed to struggle when warming the water up I think. I couldn't believe it. Those Keurig's draw a lot of watts.

Coffee is important. I had an 1800 watt inverter installed on my boat so I could have my coffee. I have one of the one cup Keurig coffee makers for my boat. It is red to match the stripe on the boat. I have two batteries. It makes a cup pretty quickly. It doesn't seem to have any affect on my battery. Dale is correct, it does take 1400 watts. When I had my inverter installed, the dealer suggested I get a 1000 watt inverter. I am glad I got the larger one. Make sure you get the propre gauge wire to run from the battery to the inverter.

BTW, the Keurig makes really good coffee. You will have to adjust how much water you put in. I like mine with barely the 6 ounce fill.

Back