How will it perform....???

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MSkiff2001

Reaction score
Ive been doing a little thinking and a little planning for the future. I have a 2002 2520 DV with a 250 OX66 on a bracket. I was on the phone the other day with Armstrong Brackets ordering some touch up paint. While I had him on the line i told him what boat I had and asked if I could put a 300hp 4 stroke on that bracket. He said no, the bracket wasnt made to support that weight. Then he said, "Im not supposed to say this but, It would probably would be ok if you didnt beat the hell out of the boat".

So my question is, does anyone know how the DV would perform with a 250 4stroke? or a 250 etec?

When and if the time comes, I would have to give Armstrong a call and see if it could handle a 300 etec.

I think dv's have a max power rating of 500hp... Should call parker and find out... I think deep v need at least 300hp just to get up on step.. No way they would put a bracket that can handle the max HP rating..

I think you were getting lame information.....IE: He really didn't know.

My '95 is rated from the factory @ 325 max.

A '95 carbed Yamaha 250 predecessor of the OX66 came off of it....DF-300 went on...It's night and day difference.

It's not just 50HP more....It's geared different, so it's also Propped different. The other day I opened it up in the slick water running light weight.

6000 = 43.6MPH.

No way in Hell would I consider a Etec....That means your STILL pouring that Messy oil....It means you still have that stupid Tank in the way, taking up valubale space on your boat....

OH.....and look at the gear Ratio....150HP thru 300HP...All the same.

3yrs maintenance free? Yea Right! Are you not going to change the gear lube before that?

Believe me when I say....A DF-300AP WILL bring a smile to your face......It sure did ours after we were skeptic of only 50HP more and the pour performance of the Yamaha.....and we spent $2000 on that motor having every little thing get in top shape to perform best.Then we traded it to the dealer for the 2nd station controls for the Suzzy.

I don't know the weight of your 250 OX66 but according to the Yamaha website, the 4-stroke Yamaha 300 and 4-stroke 250 are the same weight at 562. They have a 3.3 liter 250 that for some reason is actually 46 pounds heavier. I can't imagine you would have a problem mounting a 300 4-stroke on your bracket.

Watch the fuel ... Yummie 250 and 300 OBs need 89 octane fuel to produce the labeled HP ...

The max HP rating is 500. I was thinking the same thing. Why would they mount a bracket that could only handle the weight of half the rated HP. I will have to give Parker a call and see what they have to say. It really isnt cost effective for me to buy a new motor at this point. We always split the fuel bill, so im only paying 25% of the bill. My motor also has under 500 hours on it. BUT...I would probably still highly consider it in a year or 2. Only problem is I would much prefer a Zuke but my marina is a yami dealer and the closest Zuke dealer is a decent ride by water. This will be my first season with the boat so we will see how it goes and go from there. It will be tough going back to a 2 stroke after having a 4 stroke for the last 8 years!!

Back