HULL COLOR

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Custom hull colors were an option at one time, but not sure if they were available in 2003 or not.

Don't discount it if it was painted. Paint doesn't fade, while gelcoat will. :wink:

Megabyte":2cuc0hfa said:
Don't discount it if it was painted. Paint doesn't fade, while gelcoat will. :wink:
From what I've seen, if painted properly, it's worth more and will look much nice and much nicer longer than any current color-gelcoated hull!

Paint does scratch and needs additonl maintenance. It doesnt fade and looks very good though! :)

If I had money going bad I would "Emron Black" my hull :lol: in a heart beat.

thanks for the info on the hull color.
Not yet being a Parker owner can anyone tell me
if this boat is good. How does it ride, fuel consumption, is
it underpowered. I was looking for a 23 walk and this one caught my eye.

Is the price to high for this boat?

Thanks in advance.

A single 225 hp motor on that modified vee hull is an excellent choice.

parkers are great boats. ride is subject to what you are looking for (it aint a contender or albemarle but stable as a rock). very good fuel economy for a boat of its size. I personally think she is priced a little high for a 6 year old Parker.

This has a single 225 HP on a 25 foot boat. Even mod V, I think it is a little light. In this market, he will be lucky to get anywhere near the number he wants.

As to paint, yes, it looks better, but will (WILL!!!) eventually scratch and Awlgrip is touchy to buff out, if at all. One of the things I love about Parker is that the off white hulls never look great, but never look too bad either with a minimum of work. Depends on whether you want to polish your boat or fish!

I recently bought a 2002 2520 mod-V with that same 225 Yamaha 4 stroke for $30k. I still think I got a screaming deal on that boat so I wouldn't set that as the benchmark, but $50 for this one seems pretty high to me.

For what it's worth I'm very happy with the 225. It'll push my 2520 close to 40mph with a light load and not much gas in the tank. With a full tank and friends on board it cruises very comfortably at 25-27 mph around 4000 rpms or 30-33 at 5000 rpms. I rarely feel the need to go much faster than 30mph for long periods of time. And the chop on the Chesapeake is often unfriendly to faster speeds anyway. (If you think you need much faster speeds in order to run out 60 miles offshore to fish, a single-engine mod-V Parker probably isn't the right boat for you anyway). Plus the 225 is insanely fuel efficient at the lower cruise (clearly better than 3 mpg), so I use so little gas overall that when I do feel like going fast I don't think twice about revving it up.

I'm not saying I would turn down a 250 if someone offered it to me--who doesn't like more horsepower? But if you otherwise like the boat and can negotiate a fair price, I'd recommend taking it for a ride before you nix it solely on the theory that the 225 is too weak. It can be a pretty good setup on these boats, depending on how you plan to use it.

Back