Hull Deck Joint on 2520 hull

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moose8420

Reaction score
Has anyone broken the hull deck joint at the bow of the boat? I was out this weekend in some bigger water and started having water fill my V berth. Every time I hit a wave, 5 gallons of water pored in through the deck joint in the anchor locker, overfilling the locker and flooding the V-berth. When I got back to the dock, the deck at the bow was moving independently from the hull when I lifted up on the bow pulpit. I imagine I blew some connection screws behind my rub rail, but from the inside it was not apparent. I guess when I take the rub rail off I will try to remember to take some photos.

Do you have a bowsprit? I was always afraid that the sprit could act as a big lever when smashing through waves and do exactly what you have described.

TWOBOATER":12exw0ta said:
Do you have a bowsprit? I was always afraid that the sprit could act as a big lever when smashing through waves and do exactly what you have described.

Not sure if it was hitting waves to hard, or having a 33lb Bruce anchor swinging on the pulpit.

So I pulled my rub rail off today and found my deck screws were sheared off. Now I need to reinstall, maybe with bolts with half the spacing and reseal the joint.

Attachments

• image2.pdf
    183.2 KB · Views: 146
  • image3.pdf
    228.6 KB · Views: 107
  • image4.pdf
    206.2 KB · Views: 110
Back