Hull differences?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan 2530

Reaction score
Could someone explain the different hulls in the 25 foot boat lineup?
I am seriously considering a 2530 and need some advice.
I currently own a Whitewater (deep vee 24 degree hull) and I have had a few people tell me I will hate the Parker ride after stepping off my Whitewater.
What do you guys think? I need some convincing from the Parker population?
Thanks in advance guys.

You really need to go test drive in sloppy conditions to get the real value of the ride. The 2510 mod vee is great in smooth water and with a little chop. Two to three footers and you will have a rough ride. Four to five and you have to go about eight knots, but you will get there. It seems that every time I go out it is two to three footers so the deeper vee will probly be my next boat, however the mod vee is cheaper to operate in fuel cost. I do not know what hull the 2530 has. Everyone will have pros and cons for each hull. Again go for a ride before purchase and good luck. Whatever hull you get they are all solid.

I owned a 2510 dv for 9 years, now own a 2820. Remember the wheel is more forward than other boats. Having said that, I think the dv's ride is good in most sea conditions. IMHO, trim tabs are a must. I really like Parkers as evidenced by the fact I bought another. Good luck.

Bryan A.":1hhnozvn said:
Could someone explain the different hulls in the 25 foot boat lineup?

There have been 3 different deadrise configurations of the 25' hull over the years - 14 degree, 16 degree, and 21 degree deadrises.

The 14 degree boat (like my 2520 MVSC) is no longer produced.
The present 25' sport cabin hulls are the 16 and 21 degree models.
http://www.parkerboats.net/pages/07_boat_lineup.jsp

The present model 2530 that you are asking about is a 21 degree boat.
http://www.parkerboats.net/pages/boat_d ... ?boatid=18

So... much will depend on the year of the boat you are looking at, as well as how it has been outfitted.
Hope this helps.

This comes up all the time.

Deep vee burns more fuel, will rock more drifting, and needs more power.

I have the deep vee. Rides good with waves on stern. Waves on beam are OK too though on the beam and forward quartering waves splash onto the cabin and windows.

Quartering and head seas splash and pound some including as mentioned that you are steering so far forward on the boat and you are standing at water level along with the fact that the 25' boats have a wide beam.

You can go faster in the same waves versus the modified vee. Going into the waves, when they are 3 foot minimum, I drop down to about 18 mph and more of the boat hits the wave to soften the ride.

The modified versus the deep vee should be based on where you boat, and in what conditions you find yourself most of the time.

Dana

I have a 2530 DV and I think the boat is an animal. I have run 40 miles offshore in 6-8' waves doing 19kts. I have run the boat through 5' breakers running out of Jones Inlet with the waves going over the pilothouse into the cockpit.

I know the DVs are supposed to rock more than MVs but with such a wide beam I have never felt the boat rocks too much.

I have fished on 40', 35' and 31' downeast boats. I think the 25' Parker DV performs more like a 30' boat.

You guys must be getting sick of me and my questions. :lol:

Thanks for the replies, that sums it up very well Dana. This boat would be a very big monetary step for me so I have plenty of questions. I don't mean to put down Parkers in anyway. I am looking to fish offshore in the northeast so I am considering all angles. So far I am very impressed with the 2530. Thanks again guys.

i will completely agree with bluesky, deep V 2530s are BEASTS!!!!! we can run easily in 5-7s. mod V youre gonna get beat up. same thing as he said about the drift, only time i felt "unstable" was when a 60' towboat rocked through an inlet doing 40 knots :shock: . bit of a wake :D other thatn that, its a great, sturdy boat with incredible fishability and superior creature comforts.

I'll say it one more way as this is the classic comparison of hull angle.

Modified guys like them for bay and coastal cruising, and getting away with less fuel burn while getting into shallower water. They also like to launch them off trailers more.

Modified guys will also say theirs handles waves well, but this is where it is very relative.

I am usually about the sole driver of my boat. I've had my 2530 for 10 years this fall. You feel the waves in the pilot house boat. You can't get around it. Other style boats feel different. Some pound more, some less, some are wetter, some are drier.

So, I boil it down to comfort. I tell people you need to figure out what speed you want to go in typical conditions. You need to figure out what speed you want to go when the weather is kicking up and you still want to go somewhere or where you want to make it back after it starts.

I pass a LOT of boats in chop and waves. Some are because their boats aren't as good, some are because they don't want to pound, and some are because they just go slower. Some boats pass me, and they are usually narrower or just plain bigger. I'll tell you though, the people in a cabin Parker that sit in the cockpit get a better ride, but there will be times where you'll go fast in waves yet you'll be soaking them.

Dana

Bryan - It sounds to me the only hull that would fit your need would be the 21 degree deep vee. Bear in mind, it will not cut as well as you Whitewater. It has less deadrise and more beam. If you are looking for a 30 knot canyon runner, the Parker is not for you. If you are looking for an all around stable, dry and versitile boat the Parker is for you. I have a 2520 DV with a singe 250 Zuke. Generally I cruise 21 to 24 knots in comfort. If the seas are snotty I drop down to 19 or 20. I have made many trips to the canyon with Parker 28 on his old 2510 with twin 150 and now on his 2820 with twin 250's. On nice days we can run 28 to 30 knots, but when the seas go to 4 foot or better down to 20 or so. Yes we could run faster, but we would not be as comfortable. I must say being able to sit in the cabin and remain dry is very nice. Before you plunk down your money, I would suggest you sea trial a Parker. I am sure that if you ask anyone of us for a ride, we would not hesistate to take you out. If you have any specific questions let me know.

Brad

Nice 2530 showing. OK who wants to take me for a ride?
I do like the idea of the pilot house. Being able to close it up and go through anything, stay dry and warm. My main concern at this point is price, being able to make it work with my income and, if you read my other post, getting under a bridge. You guys have provided me with alot of info and for that thank you. Keep it comming. :D

Bryan A.":ez5b9lmt said:
Nice 2530 showing. OK who wants to take me for a ride?
I do like the idea of the pilot house. Being able to close it up and go through anything, stay dry and warm. My main concern at this point is price, being able to make it work with my income and, if you read my other post, getting under a bridge. You guys have provided me with alot of info and for that thank you. Keep it comming. :D

trust me, you are totally RIGHT when you say youll like the pilothouse. thats why we bought the parker, we were out in a little open runabout getting pounded around and soaked and saw a Parker cruising by, high and dry, and said "this sucks". bought the 2530 the next year :) in terms of 2530 vs 2520, i find that the 30 has TONS more storage, and is MUCH more comfortable than my buddies' 2520 XLD. the table is great for all the crap that just floats around otherwise, and i would highly recommend foregoing a gally package for the bench seat; your fishing mate will love you on those long trips home. :D good luck

I have an older MV 2520 Parker. We followed a Grady of the same size

out last year. Very snotty day lot of wind and heavy chop. Both boats anchored on the edge of Blake's Channel. My brother and I were fishing
sitting in deck chairs with our feet propped up on coolers pretty comfortably
The man in the Grady was crawling around on his knees and anything but comfortable. He radioed us that he couldn't stand or sit because of the rolling of his boat so he was heading back in. We stayed most of the day
and were able to walk or sit comfortably. The 9'6" beam and the MV hull
really make a difference in the rolling of the boat on anchor. The MV and beam width pay off in that situation, but rough water ride is better in the
DV I"m sure. Just depends on what application is best for you. Good luck with your decision, and I guarantee the sea test in the Parker will be one to remember.

Back