Humminbird Side Scan

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainJim

Reaction score
Saw a review of the Humminbird 1197c side scan bottom machine....it looked like it's EVERYTHING i'm looking for. I think i'm going to pick one up and put it on the boat this year.

I have a navman (now owned by northstar) color chart plotter and I hate it. I am used to garmins, always loved the garmin 3010c's (almost all of the head boats and the ferries i've run had them). I'll probably keep the navman as a second machine / backup unit, but that sidescan looks incredible for finding small pieces/ wrecks

ANyone have one / seen one / used one?

Do a search for side scan and search for 'all terms'.
About a half dozen threads on this unit...

yeah thanks kevin... I had read those...

just looking for anyone that has used one for a season or so... they look nice as heck

Hey Capt Jim, did you ever get one of those side scans ? - Im looking at the HB 1197c si and would love some feedback from someone whose used one on a Parker hull

Clam Power":234860l2 said:
Hey Capt Jim, did you ever get one of those side scans ? - Im looking at the HB 1197c si and would love some feedback from someone whose used one on a Parker hull

funny you should reply to that, today. Was at cablelas today..

cabelas in hamburg PA has a 798c on clearance for $750. I almost picked it up and the wife be damned, but the tongue lashing (and not the good kind) I would take wouldnt be worth the trouble.

I read a review that the 798c was to small to be affective
Viewing the sidescan screen was just to small to refresh properly
With following the screen you needed some space viewing
Its not like a following a ff screen
Thats what I read ???
Although I love the idea of having sidescan

Sully":3uheij3m said:
I read a review that the 798c was to small to be affective
Viewing the sidescan screen was just to small to refresh properly
With following the screen you needed some space viewing
Its not like a following a ff screen
Thats what I read ???
Although I love the idea of having sidescan

yeah thats another reason i didnt go for it...if im going to drop some bucks on some new equipment, i want the big screens.

Back