I finally took a picture of her in the water!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cutch9138

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have been a "lurker" on here for a awhile now and I figured I would at least do my part and post a Pic. This picture was taken at Crab Island in Destin, Fl
As far as this winter projects go, I plan on getting rid of the current Bait well I have thats on the motor bracket and replacing it with a fiberglass one in the Cockpit, I also plan on adding some wishbone outriggers . Any thoughts or warnings?

Attachments

• 336000_4234936989213_804866591_o.jpg
    336000_4234936989213_804866591_o.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 610
Love the Lee Jr's on my boat.

Mounting suggestions:
1.) Remove the Parker name and model designation before mounting the wishbones. It'll give you a bit more freedom in placement, and you really cannot avoid putting a hole in the graphics anyway.
2.) Spend a good bit of time making sure the wishbones clear the railing when deployed before drilling any mounting holes.
3.) To get the outrigger poles vertical, you will need to step out the base from the cabin using starboard blocks.
4.) Mount one side first. Once you are happy with the fit and the rake of the pole, work on the other side using the first outrigger as your reference.
Remember, these are hand laid fiberglass parts and the two sides are not a mirror image of each other.
You can take measurements from the first install and get the other side close, but the final assembly will need to be finalized by eye, rather than by measurement.
5.) Because I didn't have the tools to fabricate my own backing plates, I took my measurements to a local fab shop and had stainless backing plates cut out, and the bolt holes punched.
As a final touch, I had the plates polished to a mirror shine and used acorn nuts on the interior to finish off the look.

Good luck!

Attachments

• DSCN0005.jpg
    DSCN0005.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 469
  • DSCN0012.jpg
    DSCN0012.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 469
2320? If so what year hull is it? Looks like the same hull that I have mine is a 2000

My opinion on outriggahs is simple ... if you need ready access to the bow whilst the riggahs are deployed, i.e., toona fishing, then I'd advise roof-top mounts like Taco Grand Slams over side-mounted wish ones ...

Because I tuna fish for giant bluefin, if I ever need to get to the bow, say while anchord and fishing 'off the ball' ... then I surely don't want riggahs and lines in my way!

I've never felt that the way forward was cramped.

Attachments

• Photo Library - 458.jpg
    Photo Library - 458.jpg
    438.5 KB · Views: 458
Megabyte":4x2r4f4f said:
I've never felt that the way forward was cramped.
Yes, but that is in the STOWED position ... try running to the bow with those wishbone riggahs DEPLOYED while your 80-wt is dumping 800-yards of line in mere seconds ... and you'd remove those wishbones and install rooftop mounts faster than your dumping line is disappearing ;) ~ !

That is true, but we don't have Tuna here in the Bay, nor do we deploy the riggers while on the hook.
They are only deployed while trolling at 3 to 4 kts for Rockfish. 6 to 7 kts for Spaniards or Blues. :D

Oh, and Rock don't head for the front of the boat like a Tuna does.
They are happy being cranked in behind the boat while on the troll.

Different application. Different species. Different methods. :wink:

miky2884- It's 2003.

Megabyte- I have been eyeballing the Lee jr's. I trailer, so are the poles removeable and if so how big of a pain in the butt would that be to install and remove them? I seen in another post where someone used PVC pipes on their trailer to keep the rigger poles in while trailering.

Very nice, If you get a chance post up some more pics, cockpit in side the PH etc.... I always like to see the differences.

cutch9138":23un2afh said:
miky2884- It's 2003.

Megabyte- I have been eyeballing the Lee jr's. I trailer, so are the poles removeable and if so how big of a pain in the butt would that be to install and remove them? I seen in another post where someone used PVC pipes on their trailer to keep the rigger poles in while trailering.

The poles can either be removed (they just lift out), or you can just lay them down as you would if going under a low bridge.
I have a couple of 24" lengths of 1" PVC pipe that I put in the rearmost rod holders for just this purpose.
The poles lay inside the PVC and do fine there. If trailering, you'd probably want to bungee them.

DaleH":3o2n4jjt said:
try running to the bow with those wishbone riggahs DEPLOYED while your 80-wt is dumping 800-yards of line in mere seconds ... and you'd remove those wishbones and install rooftop mounts faster than your dumping line is disappearing ;) ~ !

Been there, done that. It sucks. :?

Thank you for posting! Nice Boat! It is nice to see another Florida Parker. You're not the only "lurker" here, I have yet to post pic of boat on the water. Were going up for Fl. scallops next month, maybe I can get a pic then. Our boat came with outrigger mounts but no poles, we mainly troll for grouper in 35'-55' and don't really need them. Sorry I couldnt help on that. Jim. (Tampa bay area)

Megabyte":2ozew52y said:
cutch9138":2ozew52y said:
miky2884- It's 2003.

The poles can either be removed (they just lift out), or you can just lay them down as you would if going under a low bridge.
I have a couple of 24" lengths of 1" PVC pipe that I put in the rearmost rod holders for just this purpose.
The poles lay inside the PVC and do fine there. If trailering, you'd probably want to bungee them.

Sounds good thanks for the advice!

jimjybe":26x1cmkl said:
Thank you for posting! It is nice to see another Florida Parker here. You're not the only "lurker" here, I have yet to post pic of boat on the water. Were going up for Fl. scallops next month, maybe I can get a pic then. Jim. (Tampa bay area)
If

If your ever in the Panama city area hit me up.

Back