I need some advice

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do have a tender, but it would take a lot of trips back and forth to unload the boat. I regularly take 6-8 people and all their camping gear for 3 days on trips. Also while building a cabin a lot of the cabin materials like sheets of plywood and lumber does not fit in my 8.5' inflatable. Its worked out ok so far, I'll take a quick shot of my hull bottom the next time I'm thinking about. I'm sure I have scratches in the surface, but the bilge stays pretty dry. I know my bottom paint is mostly worn off.

You may want to install a 'Keel Guard' for the bow. That will protect the fiberglass on the bow.

grouperjim":bnrrg9gu said:
Don't overlook the Judge 27 with a single. I have always liked this model.
Yep, the Judge is an awesome boat, but that 27 equipped is about $140,000. One of the reasons I went with the Parker.

You might want to look for the older 2520 MVSC that has the 14 degree dead rise rather than the current 16 degree boat.

Look at the photo below of one of our CP Rendezvous from 2011.
My boat is closest to the camera and is a 14 degree dead rise boat.
The boat to my stbd is a 2520 XL, a 16 degree boat.
Notice the difference in freeboard and cabin height. Both boats accommodate a 6'4" human in the pilothouse.

The difference? The 14 degree boat gets into skinnier water.
Simple as that.

Attachments

• ClassicParker raft up 2011.jpg
    ClassicParker raft up 2011.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 52
Back