i want to replace the deck hatch and move the fuel vent

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnyt707

Reaction score
any help greatly appreciated. first i have got to get my deck hatch on my 2005 2320 to seal because it drips right on top of the batteries. as well i gotta get my fuel tank vent above the filler neck so when it gets warm it wont spew fuel down the side of the boat. any help or advice?

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 420
  • photo5.jpg
    photo5.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 420
sorry brent i should have mentioned its not cracked and the leak is the seal between the lid and the frame it has a sort of oring type seal. i am curious if anyone has done away with the factory hatch cover for a better one.

the vent leaks after the weather gets warmer than when i filled the boat usually it happens when its in the garage. the simple fix is to not fill the boat all the way but i like to keep the tank full to limit condensation in the tank.

johnnyt707":3dtodql4 said:
the vent leaks after the weather gets warmer than when i filled the boat usually it happens when its in the garage. the simple fix is to not fill the boat all the way but i like to keep the tank full to limit condensation in the tank.

That's a myth, stop over filling your boat and you'll be fine.

http://www.yachtsurvey.com/myth_of_cond ... _tanks.htm

I keep my tank low. I dont believe there is a lot scientific evidence on fuel stabilizer additives compared to the hype...... one fact to a billion amount of hype

Gasoline is not stable over time (fact #1) so m2cw is use fresh fuel and keep the tank low is my plan of attack now until I retire and move to Florida and boat often which is the best of all worlds

I keep mine as low as I can get it for storage and generally about half full for normal use.

I only fill it when running offshore long distances.

Yup I use the half way mark as my full mark Unless I plan on running a long distance when I know I will use most of the fuel anyway.
I don't see a point in running around with 150 gallons of fuel all the time.

I have a fuel computer on my boat with an alarm set to go off at the 20 gallon mark.
When the alarm goes off, I fill the tank and add StaBil, Star*Tron, and Ringfree at the 1oz per 10 gallons of fuel rate.

Never had an issue with moisture, Ethanol, or any other fuel related issues.
My typical fishing areas are within a 1 hour run to the furthest point I typically go, so I really don't burn a lot of fuel like the offshore guys do.

As for that deck hatch... Look at the underside of the hatch and get the brand and model number from it.
Those o-ring seals are replaceable.
If you do replace them, coat the new o-ring with a teflon gel of the type used on zippers and snaps and it should seal just fine.

Back