installed "EZ ANCHOR PULLER"

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardog629

Reaction score
Installed Ez anchor puller, tried it today for the first time, worked very well,,,,thanks everyone for the pics n feedback, very happy with it, no getting out on the bow just up or down on the switch :mrgreen:

Attachments

• SAM_3234.JPG
    SAM_3234.JPG
    347.7 KB · Views: 1,369
  • SAM_3233.JPG
    SAM_3233.JPG
    346.1 KB · Views: 1,369
Thanks Bryan, ive seen one that was recessed into the deck half way, looked very nice but dont really want to cut into the boat and i would need a cover made to stop water even though theirs a drain in the locker.

Looks very nice! 8)

I have been thinking of adding one of these as well.
What model did you go with?
I have 25' of chain and 300' of 8-plait in my locker right now.

looks great we installed one last year on our 2530 and we love it wish we would have changed over sooner..

Megabyte":1skfb8yq said:
Looks very nice! 8)

I have been thinking of adding one of these as well.
What model did you go with?
I have 25' of chain and 300' of 8-plait in my locker right now.

Same question: Which model did you go with and would you chose that model again? Looking to put one on a 27 Judge. Any feedback or lessons learned would be greatly appreciated. Did you do the install yourself?

i have the model #10, im very happy with it and yes i would choose this model again, if your going to use 1/2 inch it holds 275 feet , it will hold 475 feet of 3/8, if you want more go with the next size up, i installed it myself, its a fairly simple job,,

Thanks for the info. Will be having one installed. I've come to hate bottom fishing and live lining due to hauling the anchor by hand. Please post some follow up comments and lessons learned as you use it more. I have done a lot of research on windlasses and this seems to be the only way to go for reliability and hands off use. Curious what you think after you have used it for awhile.

Thanks again,

Tawn
27 Judge "Hell's Belle" out of Deale.

Tawn":37nt92w1 said:
Thanks for the info. Will be having one installed. I've come to hate bottom fishing and live lining due to hauling the anchor by hand. Please post some follow up comments and lessons learned as you use it more. I have done a lot of research on windlasses and this seems to be the only way to go for reliability and hands off use. Curious what you think after you have used it for awhile.

Thanks again,

Tawn
27 Judge "Hell's Belle" out of Deale.

After a lot of research on other units/styles and this one, have had mine (Model #10) on my 2320 for 1&1/2 yrs now and love it. No wet line, smell, etc in the anchor locker and when you use it, it works every time!! Before I put mine on, I was advised by a friend that had one for years on his 2520 charter boat that it "may not be pretty but it's bullet proof" and so far he has been right. :D

modified my puller,,lowered it 5 inches into the locker,,plan on getting a cover made for it,,

Attachments

• SAM_3752.JPG
    SAM_3752.JPG
    341.4 KB · Views: 1,188
  • SAM_3750.JPG
    SAM_3750.JPG
    337.8 KB · Views: 1,176
That's pretty slick. 8)
Can you give any details on how you recessed it into the chain locker?

Megabyte":ngaeo857 said:
That's pretty slick. 8)
Can you give any details on how you recessed it into the chain locker?

Yes, definitely would like to know how you did that & see some pictures. What did you bolt it down to?

heres some photos of it with the cover off,, i removed the locker hatch and cut the deck out about 1/4 short of the winch cover then used 1/4 aluminum angle to make a sadle or brackett for it to sit on, the only draw back is if you have over the bow water or rain it will get into the locker, their is a drain but im getting a cover made for these times, i also modified the cover , cut it down and sprayed it with Parker gel coat,,

Attachments

• SAM_3753.JPG
    SAM_3753.JPG
    338.5 KB · Views: 1,170
  • SAM_3754.JPG
    SAM_3754.JPG
    346.9 KB · Views: 1,170
Very nice.

How did you handle the wiring? What gauge wire? Does it go back to the batteries at the stern?

Thanks!

thanks, its turned out to be one of the best additions ive done to it, very painless to pull anchor, i used #2 wire to my batteries in the stern, i want to add a light in the cover so i can see when im down to the last wrap at night,

Did you have to reinforce the area you mounted the EZ Anchor Pull? If so did you use the reinforcement material you can buy form EZ?

no i didnt have to reinforce it,, i used 1/4 in thick angle for my mounting bracket, very strong mount,,

Back