installing hydraulic steering on my 21se

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clam Power

Reaction score
The steering on my work boat - a 2003 21se is getting very stiff and greesing it does not help much any more.

We origonally had an f115 (I dont think they made f150's yet at that point and an f200 was overkill)

Anyway - 3 years later the 115 was simply not enough to move the heavy loads of clams, dive gear, and people so we moved the f115 to another boat and put an f150 on. We kept the old controls and steering so It does not currently have hydraulic steering (which came standard on the 2120 sc I just purchased for myself...which by the way I keep visiting at the yard since things are a bit frosted up here, although it smelled like spring today).

I'm wondering if it is a big job to switch it out myself. I was quoted aprox 800 for parts and 800 for labor and moneys a bit tight at work which is why I was thinking of doing it myself. The boat is typically in the water year round and we dont always have acess to fresh water wash down - so Id have to expect some difficulty taking things apart at the helm.

Any thoughts?

If you are going with the Teleflex Seastar system it is a snap. Just follow the directions with the kit. I did this on my Wellcraft a few years ago, and it took about 4 hours.

Back